Good Times at VIR North

Kruizen

Control Rider
Carey you got the bike back together after your CSS off? Cool. Going to be at the next patriot/ north combo in October. Fun times, hope to see you there.

CJM

Evil Cupcake;281493 wrote: John, congrats on the A bump. Real fun riding with you for a few sessions. 2nd time at VIR on a new bike to me...Sorry to Matt and Colin for the inside pass at the bottom of the hill. I learned real quick the patch there is real bumpy and not a good line at all.
That's ok. It was a little scary, but a bit of off-road experience every once in a while isn't a bad thing. It was good practice ;) I shouldn't have tried to pass there anyway. Post up the video if you get the chance.

Good luck in your wera races!

Cullen

warregl

Kruizen;281520 wrote: Carey you got the bike back together after your CSS off? Cool. Going to be at the next patriot/ north combo in October. Fun times, hope to see you there.
Hey Eric,

Yes, all back together (and it went home that way on Monday - yea!). The frame sliders and case covers did their job. Some new plastic, a clip on from the spare parts box, and a Brembo brake lever (RCS = pricy) and she's good as knew (almost). I also have a firm understanding of what I did wrong and spent Monday working on the basics.

October is a good possibility (at least it should be cooler than Monday was). I'll let you know.

Best,
Carey

2ndChapter

Had a great time guys... Wish i could have stayed one more day and do north again but couldnt bail on work two days straight at least not this week.. Thanks for all the feedback....see all of you out there Sometime in August.

Sandbag

Patriot was a killer :spank: North Monday was a blast hot as hell but a blast. North Tuesday was awesome for a while then, well I get to fix my bike again :mad: See ya'll for South, South, North.

skychuter

VIR Monday Tuesday 7/15-7/16

warregl;281519 wrote: I was there for Monday and it was a scorcher. Add to that we haven't had a lot of really hot days to get acclimated and that made the afternoon a rough one. Tuesday I was sporting a serious track day hangover.

Thanks to the team for a well run day (esp. Ned). I haven't ridden with NESBA much but days like Monday will change that.

I think Monday was HOTTER than Tuesday if such a thing could have happened! I sat out a session on Tuesday, and that made all the difference in the world....Thanks Adam ( B Group CR from Wilmington, NC) sure appreciated your wisdom and expertise....I was on a mission on that yellow/black 07 GSXR750 in B Group....appreciated the bump to I.....see some of you this weekend at NCBike on Saturday

Tommy
I Group #84 (yellow/black) GSXR750 track
08 CBRR1000 street

meowculpa

sv650;281394 wrote: I'm the rider who went down in B on Patriot, I'll be out for a while unfortunately. Ended up with a dislocated hip and type V separated shoulder, shoulder needs surgery and about 5 months to heal.
The shoulder injury will probably be your greatest hindrance to returning to the track quickly. This season's over for you. Heal up and we'll c you next year. I had the same shoulder problem at VIR north last year and underwent surgery so PM me if you need any info, I'll be glad to share my opinion.

Hopefully, if you have a desk job, you should be able to return to work within 4-5 days post surgery.
don't skip on PT after the first 6 weeks of immobilization, post surgery i.e.
Meanwhile, enjoy the meds and best wishes for your recovery
Cheers

Evil Cupcake

Control Rider
DUG;281512 wrote: Holy Hell that was a hot one...!!! Lost 7lbs in two days running Mon & Tues breaking in the new bike. Thanks to :adore:Adam for pulling me around and slotting me in the next group. Made it out every session- until the stock rubber finally came apart late on Tuesday.

See you guys at Summit Main on 7/22.
I have some good footage of you behind me for about a lap before you left me under the bridge. It was fun trying to keep up with you once you passed me. I should have the videos up this weekend. Great footage of John and whoever was on the Silver GSXR 555.

JRA

Evil Cupcake;281493 wrote: John, congrats on the A bump. Real fun riding with you for a few sessions. 2nd time at VIR on a new bike to me...Sorry to Matt and Colin for the inside pass at the bottom of the hill. I learned real quick the patch there is real bumpy and not a good line at all.
I had a good view of that. Pretty boneheaded move for a trackday.

Godfather

And then....

And then..... there was silence.

Quote from Matt Paulson, "JRA is like PREDATOR, he sees everything".:wow:

warregl

skychuter;281591 wrote: I think Monday was HOTTER than Tuesday if such a thing could have happened! I sat out a session on Tuesday, and that made all the difference in the world....Thanks Adam ( B Group CR from Wilmington, NC) sure appreciated your wisdom and expertise....I was on a mission on that yellow/black 07 GSXR750 in B Group....appreciated the bump to I.....see some of you this weekend at NCBike on Saturday

Tommy
I Group #84 (yellow/black) GSXR750 track
08 CBRR1000 street
Congrats on the bump Tommy! At least I wont be in your way now. :)

JoeSlay61

Rode Sunday on Patriot and Monday on North. Had a great time, even though the temperature and humidity combined to create a condition scientists refer to as "blazin' ass" hot. Thanks to the CR's who helped me both days.

Still trying to get better.

Evil Cupcake

Control Rider
For the second time on VIR with a new track bike (28k mile 07 CBR 600RR) I had a great time despite the heat and finding all the bad places to pass.

Some good footage facing back of John 137 and whoever was on the silver GSXR 555.

Session 5 (2nd pm session) Ended up being my last session as the heat was getting to me and I starting getting sloppy. At 14:45 mark turned in too early, not getting off bike, hit a peg, unloaded the rear and sent me into the grass. Got back on track, off pace and slowed up Peanut under the bridge (sorry). Packed it up afterwards and drove home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23P_8jFbcv4&feature=youtu.be