GoPro Motorsports Wide camera's....

GixxerPilot

I have a buddy who just became a GoPro Camera dealer and have a deal worked out with him for the GoPro HERO WIDE Motorsports Wide camera.

$175 plus shipping..

I will be at Road America May 2 through 5, Black and Red GSX-R 600 #873, if anyone wants to pickup a camera from me and save the shipping costs.

If you are interested drop me a line. I need to have a number for him by Monday April 27

ronhix

Hmmm... A group buy. Sounds tempting...

This is the camera I used all last year and it worked real nice. I'll bet the wide angle will be even better. Tempting...

PGood

No offense to your buddy but he is about $20 to $40 off on pricing. Lots of different places on the interwebz selling these for $150-ish.

GixxerPilot

You get what you pay for.

This is the motorsports camera with all the mounting stuff. For $139 you get the non motorsports camera which is not vibration resistant with NO mounting hardware. Be careful what you buy, there are several different models out there.

These are new in the manufacturers box.

PGood

GixxerPilot;50216 wrote: This is the motorsports camera with all the mounting stuff. For $139 you get the non motorsports camera which is not vibration resistant with NO mounting hardware. Be careful what you buy, there are several different models out there.

These are new in the manufacturers box.
I see that could be true for the $139 model.

As for my original statement, the ones that I have seen advertised a few places(forums) are $155 shipped, with a few within a couple of dollars. So your buddy is just a little off from that.

ta2kutz

nope mine is the gopro motorsports hero wide. with all the fixins. including the bad batch of mounts ( they repplaced them already)
not trying to f-with ya but the price is just a little high. someone else stated that already

GixxerPilot

ta2kutz, I know your not f'in with me, But I can't find that kinda deal anywhere.... What model number was yours? I just want to be sure we're comparing apples to apples....

Is your avatar taken with your camera? Where did you mount it? Great shot!!!!!

If I can show him that others are beating that price maybe we can get a better deal..

ta2kutz

no prob. mine came in the gopro case with the suction mount 4 sticky mounts for helmet(curved) and 2 for flat surface. wide angle of corse.
most on ebay are in the 150-160 range i got lucky while watching and got mine for 140 but the 150-160 is typical.
yeah the photo on mine is from mine. on windows movie maker you can capture a pic from video. im gonna get that video posted on youtube so you can see the angle better. right on the fairing just below where the mirrors would go.

GixxerPilot

Thanks for the mounting advice. Looking forward to seeing your video.

I searched ebay with the part number GMHW5170 and they are all going for $199, some of the older 3 megapixel cameras were there for $150ish..

Looking forward to having some video of my own this weekend at Autobahn, anyone else riding with "the other org"??

Donnyballgame

This is so tempting. I will be at RA the 4th and 5th. Pretty good chance if you got one charged and ready to go, I will fork over the cash.

Motomoon

Check with your local trackside vendor. Maybe the guys from Turn One can hook you up and have them for you at your next event.

Also we ask that your buddy clears any online promoting he may do thru you with us first. Any group buy etc. should be run past NESBA prior.

Sklossmonster

We've got a couple on the way, (Thanks Chris!) and we're going to start an onboard video library on the TurnOneRacing website for all the Midwest tracks.

Should be cool, and we'll just add tracks as we get a chance to record a good hot lap at each one.

oldschool

These cameras are awesome. I took one with me last month in Florida cave diving and it work great. So above and below water these things work great.