Got bumped up to I group on 6/29 at VIR--super excited

andersoncm2

Had a great time at VIR South on Saturday. It was a very small group of bikes, and the weather held up great, even though it was a little warm and humid. I touched a knee down for the 1st time in one of the morning sessions--nearly scared the brown out of me. I did kiss my knee to the ground a couple more times after that with a little more comfort.
The CRs were also great, handing out great advice. I gained more and more confidence as the day wore on. After my 6th session, I came off the track and talked to the CR I was riding with (John? Dunham). He asked what I thought about moving up to the Intermediate group. I was speechless to say the least. We went in to the classroom, and the CR handed me my yellow "I" decal. I was stoked!!:D The guys pitted next to me came over and gave me congratulations when I came back to my pit area. I ran my last session of the day with the Intermediate group. I was a little nervous--wanted to make sure I wasn't holding anyone up. Luckily, the group was small, and I was able to run by myself for most of the session. I ran my quickest times of the day in this "I" session (high 1.24s low 1.25s)--still slow, but quick for me.:D Can't wait to hit the track again!!

meanstrk

Control Rider
Congrats!

The groups were pretty small, so no real packing up. A GREAT opportunity to work on form and function! I was able to get down to some personal bests myself with consistent 1:12's and a best of 1:11.5 running by myself. I find that I usually run my fastest laps running by myself.

Good times!

andersoncm2

meanstrk;279085 wrote: Congrats!

The groups were pretty small, so no real packing up. A GREAT opportunity to work on form and function! I was able to get down to some personal bests myself with consistent 1:12's and a best of 1:11.5 running by myself. I find that I usually run my fastest laps running by myself.

Good times!
Thanks! You, sir, were absolutely flying running the times you were.

bmrboy

Congrats to all that got the bump .....:D

Getting advanced to the next level is a huge accomplishment ..... ;)
It simply means ... your getting better..... improving at every level .....

I saw a couple riders getting their 'A' group stickers at VIR south on Saturday !!!!
That in itself is HUGE ......... 'A' group stickers ... they don't just hand those out to anybody ..... :wow:

andersoncm2

devildogae;279123 wrote: Congrads! I was riding in that group, was on the black kawi zx6r. Nice riding!
Thanks! I remember seeing you on the track. Were you the one who pointed out to the CR the knee puck in turn 1 after a red flag?

devildogae

No that wasn't me, but I was just behind the guy who crashed on turn 1 early in the day. It was my first time getting a knee down as well, several times that day, just my right knee.

mjkuhno

Conrats to Chris for getting your bump to (I) - feels great doesn't it!

And BIG congrats to Lavert for getting your (A) bump.

Great weekend for sure!

devildogae

I believe Lavert was pitted next to me. If so I have to give a big thanks to him, he really helped me out. Helped me loosen my chain, use his tools, unload my bike. Real nice guy with lots of good info!

andersoncm2

Dunham;279325 wrote: Good job Chris! Hope we can ride together again soon
Thanks for working with me on Saturday. I definitely learned a lot following you and the other CRs. I, too, hope to ride with you again. I had a blast!
Thanks again!