GPS-R help at Barber

Meat

I STILL have not gotten my Athlon GPS-R to transmit to my laptop. I will be at Barber 6/27 and 28...or 26 and 27, whatever sat and sun dates are.

Really, if anyone could help me get the thing to transmit to my laptop I would really appreciate it.

jas0336

meat...look me up. I'd like to see the gps. I work with computers...I may be able to help. That is, if its a computer issue.

JRA

I have one and it's pretty easy to download. I don't know about your computer,but I could download it to mine pretty easily. I'll be there if you want to look me up. I don't want to volunteer him, but DJ has one and is a computer wiz...might talk to him to.

Mr.DJ

JRA;64001 wrote: . ...... I don't want to volunteer him, but DJ has one and is a computer wiz...might talk to him to.

"Wiz?" Ha!

Yea, I may pee all over it - Besides, my specialty is the mystical word of bits behind the PC connection to the internet. :)

Meat,

You know how busy my mornings can get, but if you haven't got it going by lunch I can try to help.

Does your pc (via bluetooth) connect to the laptimer?

The chipset in my laptop is very flaky with some devices, so I had to disable the driver in windows and use a third party (bluesolei).

For the Nerds: I did a bluetooth sniff and it showed l2cap didn't get response to the request packet (it had optional bits set). I'm not a network software engineer, so I dont know or care ;)

The laptimer and other devices worked more consistently
after install. I forwarded that to Starlane. You may want to shoot them an email and get their thoughts in case they have a better solution. Again, this is assuming you have a device negotiation/communication issue with PC and not a device configuration problem with software. Another thought is to disable any authentication between your laptimer and PC - get comm going first before you "lock it down." I'm sure we can get it to work or use my laptop to isolate the issue.

Mr. Blindrider

Mr.DJ;64063 wrote: "Wiz?" Ha!

Yea, I may pee all over it - Besides, my specialty is the mystical word of bits behind the PC connection to the internet.

Meat,

You know how busy my mornings can get, but if you haven't got it going by lunch I can try to help.

The chipset in my laptop is very flaky with some devices, so I had to disable the driver in windows and use a third party (bluesolei).

For the Nerds: I did a bluetooth sniff and it showed l2cap requests didn't get response to the request packet (it had optional bits set). I'm not a network software engineer, so I dont know or care

after install. I forwarded that to Starlane. You may want to shoot them an email and get their thoughts in case they have a better solution. Again, this is assuming you have a device negotiation/communication issue with PC and not a device configuration problem with software. Another thought is to disable any authentication between your laptimer and PC - get comm going first before you "lock it down." I'm sure we can get it to work or use my laptop to isolate the issue.

:notsure:.............:doh:..........:dunno:

JRA

I'm with Ken.:notsure:

I wasn't trying to add to your work this weekend DJ, just saying you had one and maybe could offer some advice. And yes, you are a wiz at this stuff compared to 99% of us.:D

My laptop is too old to have bluetooth so I just bought one of the USB bluetooth devices from Office Max. It was easy to set up and I haven't had any issues connecting. I was surprised I was able to figure it out but it was really pretty easy.

Mr.DJ

JRA;64097 wrote: I'm with Ken.:notsure:

I wasn't trying to add to your work this weekend DJ, just saying you had one and maybe could offer some advice.
Nah man! I know that wasn't your intention nor how I took it. Just informing that I am available to members for things outside of getting our day started around lunch.

BTW - Glad you reminded me to pack an extra Bluetooth usb for him.

Meat

Thanks for all the responses. It appears that the laptop is synced with the starlane, but can't seem to get the files. It also appears that the starlane is also recording sessions.

I am running windows Vista, if that makes any difference. I assume it does since the latest and greatest MS package is usually the latest and most unstable and non-friendly.

Thanks for all the help. I have been working so many hours lately and just haven't had the time I would like to figure it out. But, I am thoroughly frustrated by now.

DJ, I fully understand about being busy all morning with the riders meeting and getting the 250 to run ;)

Meat

Mr.DJ;64063 wrote: "Wiz?" Ha!

Yea, I may pee all over it - Besides, my specialty is the mystical word of bits behind the PC connection to the internet. :)

Meat,

For the Nerds: I did a bluetooth sniff and it showed l2cap didn't get response to the request packet (it had optional bits set). I'm not a network software engineer, so I dont know or care ;)

:dunno: I am assuming you are talking about rear tire traction, or maybe position of the sun during leap year in the Southern Hemisphere. But if you aren't then I have no clue of what you speak.

I do have a USB (external) Bluetooth.

Mr.DJ

Well - If you can see the laptimer in the software and in the lower left hand of the software displays "connected", you're probably OK with the Bluetooth. (however there are two channels needed - KC-SPP is one)

What happens when you try to download the sessions?
- Can you see the sessions in the drop down menu?
- What error if any do you receive?
- Does it stay connected when you try to download the data?

Email me - maybe we can get this going before the weekend.

Meat

Mr.DJ;65776 wrote: I FAILED..... must have cracked under the pressure :poorguy:
Well, it sure wasn't due to lack of effort or focus. You spent so much time in my pits working on it, using my starlane, using yours, using my laptop, yours, them a couple mroe hours after the track day was over...getting new updates, running 3 older versions....the amount of effort you put out was rediculous.

So, if anyone was mad because they did not get enough attention from DJ, blame it on me and my laptimer because it appears DJ can get a bit obsessed when trying to fix something.

He even played a movie for me to keep me entertained while he and my wife were trying to get my laptimer working.

DJ, you are a good guy. Thank you so much for your help. The gift is often not the gift itself but rather the effort.

Hopefully my wife can get in touch with Starlane this week and get the problem resolved.