Great day at Summit Main

Chris CBR996

Just a quick note, I had a great time at Summit on the 18th. I finally got the track down, thanks to Big Kaley and my friend John (B-group # 55) for insight on t-10 set up and execution. I have only been here 2 other times and never got it down. With their insight, I got it right the first time Friday session 1. Who says you can't learn something from a B groupie? LOL. Many thanks to all the Nesba Control riders / Staff and fellow members for making it a great day for me. I am looking forward to NJMP on the 25th of Aug!!!

Anyone know how Big Kaley made out? I know he had to call it an early day on Friday, I hope he is well.

Brian Laws

Big Tom is just fine. Crazy fool was hanging with us on saturday and even trying to repair my starter issue. BTW thanks Tom, I pulled that sucker and it don't look good - see the tech forum.

bigkaley

Control Rider
Chris,
I'm doing OK. Thanks. I was trying to drink plenty of fluids, but I guess it still caught up with me. I'm feeling much better.
Glad to hear that T-10 is working for you now. That's a fun FAASST turn! I'll see you at NJMP on the August 25th date. :cheers:

john55

Tom,

One minute you're there laughing, the next you were gone. We were all thinking about you. Glad you're better.

Anyone want to guess how fast you are actually going through T10? We had a number in mind and Chris (Kubricky) set us straight. (Ok, I peeked at my speedo in the next session through the apex.) He was spot on.

Bibski

I myself had a awesome time,just wanted to say thanks to Nesba and the control riders for everything.Also thanks to Chris(#996-I-) and John(#55-B-) for your advice for my 1st trackday.Cannot wait till Aug 25th, hopefully we'll get another sweet pic John.

Chris CBR996

Bibski;3025 wrote: I myself had a awesome time,just wanted to say thanks to Nesba and the control riders for everything.Also thanks to Chris(#996-I-) and John(#55-B-) for your advice for my 1st trackday.Cannot wait till Aug 25th, hopefully we'll get another sweet pic John.
Awww hell, now i feel all warm and fuzzy inside! Bob, anytime buddy. That what this sport is all about. Teamwork. How to make you a better rider, whether the advise comes from a control rider or a beginner, as I learned friday!

1literduceater

john55;2937 wrote:

Anyone want to guess how fast you are actually going through T10? We had a number in mind and Chris (Kubricky) set us straight. (Ok, I peeked at my speedo in the next session through the apex.)
:dunno: I am guessing 85-95 mph. :dunno:

john55

We thought it was 100-120. Chris K. responded with more like 85. Sure enough, next session out I spotted 85 on the speedo. Now - to the gent's point, I'm sure a better rider gets more speed through there, but likely 10 mph+/- more at best.

Surprised the hell out of me...

kubricky

Control Rider
Director
Last time out to Summit for the WERA round I ran that Athon timer and Ron P also ran it. The laps weren't great but they were ok and the speeds through there surprised me. it was actually between 75 and 79 (between 9 and 10 -- 80 in 4). Also, keep in mind that most speedo readouts are off (high).

That timer with the GPS really gives you some good information for dissecting and analizing a lap. I have some areas to work on. If you are around and want to run it, let me know, I'll velcro it to your bike and download the data for you. It is pretty cool and worth a look.

1literduceater

kubricky;3321 wrote:

That timer with the GPS really gives you some good information for dissecting and analizing a lap. I have some areas to work on. If you are around and want to run it, let me know, I'll velcro it to your bike and download the data for you. It is pretty cool and worth a look.

Sign me up!