Great Road Atlanta Weekend

CBRtist

Yes, it rained, drizzled and fogged... but it was a fantastic first time for me at RA. Very glad I made the effort to finally get down that far South. Guess it was my fault for not realizing my sister lives so close to such a premier track (Marietta). Who knew?

It was a packed day on Saturday, but there was little incident. Both days had their weather issues, but for someone who had yet to ride in less than optimal conditions, it was a good experience to have. The fact that it was on an unfamiliar track added even more benefits... and challenges. As I put it to many "I didn't ride well, but I LEARNED so much." And I wouldn't have been able to learn so much without all the CR input and knowledge (extra special thanks to Ian, John H., John C. Randy, Scott, and more!).

Hope that everyone had an equally fun experience (please share!), took advantage of the informative meetings, and met as many new friends as I did. Looking forward to applying what I learned at my next event.

:like: GRACIAS!

David Brown

It was great to be back on the track although I was disappointed that my head was in the wrong position in most of Raul's pictures. I am sure it was photoshopped. Anyway, looking forward to the next opportunity to redeem myself. Lars helped me toward the end of the last day before the wet weather and shield fog sent me packing. All the best to N2.

LarsDunaway

Rat Boy
Staff member
Control Rider
David, I had fun working with you, and you made NOTICEABLE progress! I got a real charge out of seeing you get better lap by lap- now that's something to be proud of.

David Brown

David, I had fun working with you, and you made NOTICEABLE progress! I got a real charge out of seeing you get better lap by lap- now that's something to be proud of.
Thanks appreciate it. Did not realize I was that far out of position until I saw the photos. I have at least 6 more track days planned for this year, so I will get better.

Hey Lars, thanks for all of your help. Your tip for going under the bridge really helped me out! You too Lenny. That was a huge breakthrough for me! I also want to thank everyone fore letting me have the track all to myself at the end of day 2. N2 is just too kind!! For my first time at a track day, it was awesome. Everyone was soo nice and willing to help. Thanks Steven. Sorry I don't know the name of the CR with the 5:00 shadow who gave me so much input. What a bad ass weekend! I will return.
Jack.

LarsDunaway

Rat Boy
Staff member
Control Rider
Thanks appreciate it. Did not realize I was that far out of position until I saw the photos. I have at least 6 more track days planned for this year, so I will get better.
Not to worry, every single one of us started out the same place. We feel like we're leaning off the bike like Rossi, and then the pictures reveal otherwise :) It's all about having the right attitude and being willing to learn!

Hey Lars, thanks for all of your help. Your tip for going under the bridge really helped me out! You too Lenny. That was a huge breakthrough for me! I also want to thank everyone fore letting me have the track all to myself at the end of day 2. N2 is just too kind!! For my first time at a track day, it was awesome. Everyone was soo nice and willing to help. Thanks Steven. Sorry I don't know the name of the CR with the 5:00 shadow who gave me so much input. What a bad ass weekend! I will return.
Jack.
Jack, it was my pleasure. I enjoyed getting to pull you through traffic and seeing you make some nice, clean passes. Glad you had a good weekend!

Lenny ZX9R

Control Rider
Jack.

I'm glad that we could help you Jack! It was great talking with you and riding with you!