Great weekend at Main

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
Enjoyed getting back on Main and enjoyed not flying through the air (well, on Saturday at least).

Great weekend Directors!

Great pace all Advanced group. Look forward to more good times in the W-V.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Couldn't agree more John...thanks to Dave Sanders and Chris Kubricky for running two fantastic days at Summit Point.

And thanks to all the Control Riders for all they do for us as well.

darth nater

Staff member
Control Rider
N2
Only rode Saturday, but had a good day. Slowly getting my form back, thanks to all the "A" guys that gave me feedback as well as Lenny for his 1 lap analysis (that was all he needed to come up with the top 5 things I was doing wrong) which is exactly what I needed to hear :)

Evil Cupcake

Control Rider
I was a bit amazed at how many times in I group that someone was off track and we were red flagged. It wasnt until the 5th session we got a clean run. I could tell a few riders were pushing well above their heads in that group...just hope no-one was injured badly. Other than that we had a great day on Sunday and thank the staff for another good event. I know I have to pay my dues on air fence help soon too.

Twiztedjester55

Great weekend, other than all of the mechanical issues I was having, thanks Will for being a rabbit a few sessions while mentally trying to get back to where I needed.

Rmcaninch600

Control Rider
Not best weekend for me. thanks to all those you came by after the crash and/or helped me pack up. My wrist is broken (compound fractures) luckily its the big bone of the arm/wrist and not any of the little bastards in the wrist that never heal. looks like I am out of the game for awhile.

darth nater

Staff member
Control Rider
N2
Rmcaninch600;241573 wrote: Not best weekend for me. thanks to all those you came by after the crash and/or helped me pack up. My wrist is broken (compound fractures) luckily its the big bone of the arm/wrist and not any of the little bastards in the wrist that never heal. looks like I am out of the game for awhile.
Hope you heal up quickly. I'm only 15 mins away if you need help with the bike or anything else.

mmmfishrighton

Control Rider
John,

It was good to see you, Tom, and the whole family. As always, thanks for the hospitality and hope to see everyone again soon.

tomseviltwin

Control Rider
mmmfishrighton;241579 wrote: John,

It was good to see you, Tom, and the whole family. As always, thanks for the hospitality and hope to see everyone again soon.
Good to see you too. Congrats again...time to update that signature!

Great weekend all around. Good to see everyone this weekend!

cyclox

Thanks to everyone for putting up with my smoky bikes - and the help with getting the new-to-me RS125 started in the paddock.

Eventually I figured out:

(1) that it is easier to start the bike when the engine kill switch is set to "RUN" instead of "OFF" :banghead:
(2) that after draining the carb and rejetting, I should turn the fuel on and wait a minute or two before trying to start the bike
(3) the proper timing of running next to the bike, jumping on the bike, pulling in the clutch, shifting to 2nd gear, partially releasing the clutch and blipping the throttle.

First race with the RS is in 2 weeks - can't wait! By then, I should have a proper starter tool so that I can save some of my energy before heading out on track.

-Sharad

Turbo329

Great weekend. I ran off at turn 1 when my throttle wire came loose and I couldn't blip the throttle on downshifts. Yikes!

Other than that, great runs.

Evil Cupcake

Control Rider
cyclox;241593 wrote: Thanks to everyone for putting up with my smoky bikes - and the help with getting the new-to-me RS125 started in the paddock.

Eventually I figured out:

(1) that it is easier to start the bike when the engine kill switch is set to "RUN" instead of "OFF" :banghead:
(2) that after draining the carb and rejetting, I should turn the fuel on and wait a minute or two before trying to start the bike
(3) the proper timing of running next to the bike, jumping on the bike, pulling in the clutch, shifting to 2nd gear, partially releasing the clutch and blipping the throttle.

First race with the RS is in 2 weeks - can't wait! By then, I should have a proper starter tool so that I can save some of my energy before heading out on track.

-Sharad
Was the Honda the white bike??? That bike was rolling out pretty good.

lemondrop

mmmfishrighton;241579 wrote: It was good to see you, Tom, and the whole family. As always, thanks for the hospitality and hope to see everyone again soon.
Congrats on the Bump..Sorry I could not make it out the last session

Rmcaninch600;241573 wrote:
Not best weekend for me. thanks to all those you came by after the crash and/or helped me pack up. My wrist is broken (compound fractures) luckily its the big bone of the arm/wrist and not any of the little bastards in the wrist that never heal. looks like I am out of the game for awhile.
Were you the one down in T3? Didn't look too bad, what happened?

Rmcaninch600

Control Rider
lemondrop;241615 wrote:

Were you the one down in T3? Didn't look too bad, what happened?

yeah. stupid mistake in turn 3 I need to start down shifting early so the slipper has time to do its thing. instead I have a bad habbit only on this turn of waiting to down shit until right before I turn in, and the back always slids around on me. this time when it slid for some reason I forgot how to ride a bike and rather then just trusting the slipper and turning the bike. i tried to slow down and let the rear settle down. which of coarse then i was too deep, way of line, and all around f*cked. no run off in 3 so standing it up and slowing it down in the grass wasnt an option. all i could do was try and make the turn so I hit the grass at full lean followed by sky ground sky ground sky ground sky..... face down in gravel. friend got it on film when i get it ill link it on here.

lemondrop

That sooks. I ran it all the way out to the tire wall last year at T3.....squeezed the bung tight as I approached and came within a foot. Heal up!

Madski

Good to get back to Summit, great to ride with lots of people I haven't seen on track for a long ass time: Nate, Lenny, Bill, etc.

Props to Dave for running a great show on Saturday. Wish I could have stayed for Sunday as well.

Ryan, sux about the wrist :(

erick1670

I am glad that most everybody had great weekend...
Mine :puke::puke:
Bump my self to I to take it easy this year b/c not to much riding for me this year. First session 2 laps
Someone blew an engine, oil on track. I was the first of 3 that got a good morning(not). Ahh well that's the game we play
am ok just sore, hope the guy that hit the deck last is ok.

Could not ride the rest of the day b/c my RC blew her radiator and that was game over:(. Until next time.

Will post the video later....