Greeting NESBIANS - First Timer Looking for Guidance.

denbsteph

Ducati Pete;251526 wrote: Hey Denbsteph,

I had to laugh when I first read your post above after introducing myself. Well, in the last month, I've been toking off the Track Crack Pipe pretty hard. Went out bought a track bike and have been wrenching on it for the last two weeks. New parts, used parts, fluids, tools, etc.... Plus, I've bought alllllll sorts of stuff that's needed for the track, and then some. I'm signed up for Summit this upcoming weekend and Da Beave over Labor day. I started cleaning the change out of the furniture and feeding my dog cheap food........... just in order to pay for the next track day. LOLOL TRACK CRACK for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See Ya'll Soon,
Pete

TRACK CRACK! Do you want to know who I blame for peddling this shite called TRACK CRACK?................ GODFATHER!!
The peddler of TRACK CRACK.

PS He is a good dude and a great friend........... So far, freaking TRACK CRACK PEDDLER :argh: LOL!!!

Hope to see ya at the track. I plan on being at VIR in October, then finish up the year at Barber. Heading to NCBIKE September 1st and 2nd with GODFATHER, ADVracer and John ( forgot his NESBA handle )

Ducati Pete

rk97;251577 wrote: I wouldn't worry too much about doing a "fast" or "slow" track for your first day.

Frankly, the straights become a good opportunity to rest, and the bike only goes as fast as you make it... Main has the potential for 150mph+ top speeds, but not if you leave the bike in 4th gear.

The only advantage I can think of with doing a smaller track is you get more laps in, and thus more chances to work on each corner. Regardless, you'll have fun.
I'm actually very pleased to be doing Jefferson for my first track, and two days of it to boot. I have a track bike I have never ridden, riding on the track, etc.... and the technical nature of Jefferson will be an excellent place to learn about each factor.

As you say, the operator is the one who makes it go fast or slow. I plan on riding real slow at first and getting use to everything. Then slowly wick it up as long as the bike is operating as I want, etc....

Thanks for the input,
Pete

Ducati Pete

denbsteph;251601 wrote: Heading to NCBIKE September 1st and 2nd with GODFATHER, ADVracer and John ( forgot his NESBA handle )

I was looking at NCBike a few weeks ago. It looks like a very interesting track with that MASSIVE left hander that goes on for like 8 miles. I think that would be a great place to practice throttle lean control as you have lots of time and space to tinker with the throttle hand and really think about what is happening. Have you ridden there before? If not, report back afterwards. ALTHOUGH, NESBA may not be too pleased considering the idea that "the other" club is sole sponsor at this time. The rest of what to know anyway.

Enjoy your trip.
Pete

Ducati Pete

betarace;251590 wrote: What will you be riding. Will come up on the monster
Hi Steve,

I have an 03 GSXR600 in full race fairing and matched paint, number 327. I drive an F150, white with a weird lighting boltish looking diagonal stripe. No trailer at this time, hitch carrier until I find what I want. Just look for the older guy with the:

"DEER-CAUGHT-IN-THE-HEADLIGHTS-LOOK" That will be me.

See you there.
Pete

matt2212

Ducati Pete;251662 wrote: Hi Steve,

No trailer at this time, hitch carrier until I find what I want.

See you there.
Pete
The biggest one you think you could ever need... Then go one size bigger and make sure it has 2 axles

Ducati Pete

matt2212;251683 wrote: The biggest one you think you could ever need... Then go one size bigger and make sure it has 2 axles

Matt,

I LIKE your thinking!!!! haha I'm starting to look for a gooseneck as it can be set up with sleeping quarters, etc... I almost bought an older gooseneck horse trailer a few weeks ago. It was made for 4 horses, had a dressing room and sleeping set up already. They tend to be a little bit narrower than a regular trailer but perfect for bikes. Yes, I said BIKES as I expect I'll acquire a few more over time. Plus, on longer trips, I think it would a lot of fun to gather 2 or 3 other people along the way. I already have a business truck, an F250 that will pull a gooseneck (or?) and fit four people.......... I need two skinny guys for the back seat. Me and another fat guy ride up front. LOL

In time, the right trailer will fall into my lap. I'm a patient guy but I want one I can build a small shop into, like the horse trailer. LOTS of length to do so.

YEP, I'm addicted to Track Crack already and have yet to ride the track.
Thanks for the advice
Pete

Ducati Pete

betarace;248096 wrote: Ducati Pete- welcome to the club, on tuesday I turn 47 but dont look a day over 70... anyway here is my "works every time" packing list for NESBA track days http://www.sendspace.com/file/c7sut9 contains everything but condoms that you would need for a successful track day

Hey Steve,

I tried pulling up your Works-Every-Time list of things for the track and it is no longer available. Could I still get it from you?

Thanks
Pete

betarace

Send space only keeps for a little while. Send me an email at steve(at)zielenski(dot)org and I will send it post haste.