Greetings from B'ham

Saltman

Hello folks,

I joined up to experience my first trackday! I'm scheduled for 8/8 at Barbers. That gives me enough time to get leathers and gear, as well as some new tires that I'll surely need by then. I went out and did the Yamaha Demo ride on the R6 at Barbers this past Sunday - 4/26 and it was a blast! I'll definitely be looking to get fully into track riding next year and get a dedicated track bike. My current bike is a K6 Gixxer 600. I can't wait to learn more on developing good technique and gradually getting faster and faster.

ERB68

Welcome.

It is the most fun you can have with your pants on! I guess you figured that out already.

Lucky, you must be close to Barber. I hope to get there some day.

Saltman

Yes, it's gonna be a very fun and expensive hobby - another one that my wife will no doubt dislike. First it was cars, then golf, then bikes, and now the track. I just blame it on my A.D.D. Maybe if I teach her to ride, I can get her hooked as well?!

And yes, I live very close to Barbers. Roughly 6-8 miles away. I might as well take advantage of it while I'm here right? Looking forward to meeting a lot of you there soon.

ERB68

I was able to get my wife interested in bikes enough to learn to ride. She has her own but has resisted the track.

I too am lucky. I live less than a hour from Road America and less than 2 hours from Blackhawk & Autobahn.

rk97

be careful getting the wife hooked. it can backfire and double a lot of your expenses. another bike, lots more tires, bigger trailer, etc.

Not that it wouldn't be worth it!

Saltman

Didn't even think of that! Good point! But at least both of our checks would be going towards the bikes instead of just mine!