gsxr 600 750 motor swap

Dan919

Yes, I know there is gixxr.com, etc. but I was wondering if anyone here has done a "motor swap" 600 to 750?? I have a 2005 Suzuki 600 and I just bought a 2005 750 motor with 1200 original miles; complete, wire harnesses, radiator, everything.......what do I need and what don't I need for the swap....Is this an easy swap?

Thanks

stow

You need the ecu, airbox, motor, and throttle bodies. Just take pictures as you disassembly everything and install it back the same way. I think some connections under the airbox for the PAIR system are slightly different. There is a special crown nut tool that you will need in order to remove the two rear motor bolts. Some people have used a socket and cut it to fit.

It is an easy swap. You dont need the radiator, but you may need to bend some of the radiator mounting brackets to bolt to the engine, but it is no big deal.

Have fun and enjoy the new horsepower.

Dan919

The motor came with everything you listed....My buddy and I took it out Thursday night, took plenty of pictures and labeled the wires. My bike currently has a power commander..obviously it will have to be remapped but do you foresee any other problems with the power commander? Thanks again for your help!

stow

Yeah, you should get it remapped. In the meantime you can download the 750 map from dynojet. Have fun.