GSXR 750 04' - Clutch Pressure Plate

fredbaly

Alright,
Hope everyone is doing well.

I've been having serious issues with how hard it is to pull in the clutch lever on my GSXR. The cable was replaced. The cable housing / push pin area has been cleaned out. All that is up to spec I believe. So I pulled my clutch case cover off and starting pulling out the clutch to see if that could be the issue. I believe the previous owner had installed it incorrectly. The front pressure plate was restricted and looked like it wasn't straight in. Where the springs sit the pressure plate was all scratched up.
I was able to pull it off now but I can't even get it back on.

Do you guys think this could be why I have been having issues with my clutch lever?

ouldsmobile

Can you take some pics? I have recently had my 04 600 clutch apart dealing with some issues and may be able to help but not sure what you meant by the pressure plate "seems to be restricted". If pressure plate wasn't on straight I would take all the plates out and check they are in spec and in the correct order. This will allow you to inspect everything else while your in there.

Also the adjustment procedure is pretty critical. I start by turning the adjuster at the lever all the way in. I back the cable out at the sprocket cover. Then I adjust the push pin adjustment as per the manual, ie loosen lock nut, back screw out and then slowly turn screw back in until you feel resistance, then back out a 1/4 turn and tighten up lock nut. Go back to the lever and adjust for play.

Kevin

fredbaly

Kevin, Finally a response.
Actually funny enough I think I might have resolved the issues.
Any chance you have an email that I could communicate with you via that form of communication?

I ended up replacing the plates, springs and the Hub. The pressure plate was piss poorly installed the first time. I just resealed the bike up last night. I ended up also finding out that the Clutch lever plate/ housing that was on the bike was messed up which didn't help with my issues. I found one in my spare parts box and replaced that and what a difference. I am going to need to adjust the cable tonight when I start up the bike.

To be honest, I am about to buy a new 2012 for the track.
I might be taking this part completely apart and rebuilding from the ground up. It has ALOT of track miles on it.