GSXR error code

jsin38

The gremlins have struck my 06 GSXR 600.

I was having an awesome day at Palm Beach International Raceway on Sunday and then, the rain came. I didn't crash, but the bike got a good soaking. Packed it up, headed home, and when I went to check it over, it wouldn't start. Dreaded FI warning on dash.

So I grabbed the trusty paperclip and put the bike in dealer mode to see C12 displayed. That is the CKP or crank position sensor. Surely something got wet or dirty and now the bike is protecting itself by refusing to start. I'm not a big fan of electrical problems.

I've removed the small inspection cover near the clutch to see if the sensor itself had some debris in the way but it looks clean. I may try tracing the wiring from the CKP back to the ECU but if that fails, I'll have to truck it to a dealer. I hate that idea.

Has anyone else faced this issue?

jsin38

The internet is full of unanswered posts.

In this case, the ground pin on the ecu had corroded and broken. Fix was to install a new ecu. The mission now is to ensure that enough dielectric grease is applied to keep the issue from reappearing.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Thanks for the update in case any of us ever experience that. I had no ideas about your issue, electrical/engine stuff's not my strong point!