Had to share a Proud Father Moment....

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
Those of you in the Novice group got to see me taking my son who just turned 15 2 weeks ago out on track. Alex has been riding dirt bikes for a few years and pretty much picks up things on a bike quick. I took him out last year on Dickies Ninja 250 at NC Bike but there were very few riders that day and we only did a few sessions. We thought he was going to be riding Jimmys SV650 but it turned out somone else was using that bike. Of course Jimmy says "Alex, take the R6" Dad says wooooah, wait a minute. No R6. Baby steps Alex, Baby steps. I could see his disappointment so I said ride it around the parking lot awhile (this was a stall tactic so Dad could wrap his brain around what was about to happen, lol). He went to find neutral and we realized it was set up for GP shift. Jimmy said "Leave it GP. Teach him right from the start." Way too much risk for me to process at one so I chickened out and flipped it back to standard. Unfortunately he looked completely comfortable riding around as I knew he would. I was out of excuses......time to put up or shut up.

I jumped on my R6 and we went out slow.......However by the second lap he was carrying some pace and looking more comfortable. He has (obviously) attended a lot of riders meetings, seen a ton of body position classroom sessions, and heard YCRS coaching over and over again. I didn't much worry about his body position as much as I wanted him to first get comfortable with the speed. We did the entire session and he had a blast. Next session was more of the same. After lunch, I forgot to flip the shift pattern and he comes riding over saying, "Dad......this is still GP but its fine" Dads eyes get really big here. Ok he says, It'll be fine he says....I can feel more gray hairs every second. Ok, let go. He once again did fine. He said I messed up once going into turn 1 but after that I was fine. Pfft, punk. So I told him to get off Jimmys bike and just use mine now that you can do GP shift. He and Robbie played the rest of the day.

I want to thank everyone for conducting themselves in Novice in such a way that I felt comfortable with my flesh and blood out there riding side by side with you. Everyone who came up on us gave us plenty of space and allowed my son to get comfortable. I can't tell you all how proud that makes me as a Director of this club to know we have the best members who really look out for each other. THANK YOU!
13147505_10207994259547059_5669847484980754855_o.jpg

qiker69

Control Rider
What an awesome young man Alex is! I've had the pleasure of watching him grow up, It's amazing watching him ride a dirt bike and now to see him on the track! Wow! Thanks for posting this up John.

So how long do I have till Alex is passing me in I group.... I will give it till end of summer. GO ALEX!!

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
He looks up to everyone at the track and it has become family to him. He has big brothers, little brothers, big sisters, little sisters, Fathers, and Mothers who all look out for him and treat him like their own. I couldn't do what I do for N2 without the help of everyone. So appreciative of what I have within this club.

Lenny ZX9R

Control Rider
John, I had a big smile on my face when I saw Alex out there! I remember when I first met him when he was little! Now I'm looking up at him! LOL! I think Robbie did a great job:like: getting Alex around the track and I did notice that his body position was very good! Its only a matter of time when you and Alex will be dicing it up in "A"! ;)

CBRtist

So awesome. I saw the pride in your face and the joy in his. Fantastic he had such a good time and you had trust in him. Good, now Ria has someone to look up to and go to when it's her time!

The Chad

Control Rider
You now have the biggest thing that you can take away! ;)

I bet that boy becomes a great man! I would have been mowing the grass straight "As" and more had this been me as a kid

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
You now have the biggest thing that you can take away! ;)

I bet that boy becomes a great man! I would have been mowing the grass straight "As" and more had this been me as a kid

He did say, "I need a job. How much does a R6 cost". And so it begins. What's that saying....introduce a boy to motorcycles, that way he never has money for drugs......Dads evil plan in action.

borislav

Control Rider
He did say, "I need a job. How much does a R6 cost". And so it begins. What's that saying....introduce a boy to motorcycles, that way he never has money for drugs......Dads evil plan in action.
Lol,

Attachments

• latest.jpg
    latest.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 6

Eddie

What an awesome day for you. I have three boys myself. Right now we're doing mini pocket rockets at the school parking lot. We set up a coned track and do timed laps to see who wins. Winner gets a prize like an itunes card or something. We all ride it, myself included. Talk about learning corner speed, try racing a pocket bike with a 130 pound disadvantage!! I used to be on the podium most times, but these guys are getting fast. Think I've got to shorten the straight on our course!

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
What an awesome day for you. I have three boys myself. Right now we're doing mini pocket rockets at the school parking lot. We set up a coned track and do timed laps to see who wins. Winner gets a prize like an itunes card or something. We all ride it, myself included. Talk about learning corner speed, try racing a pocket bike with a 130 pound disadvantage!! I used to be on the podium most times, but these guys are getting fast. Think I've got to shorten the straight on our course!
Yeah, I actually bought the suit with intentions on getting his XR100 set up for MiniGP. I just havent had the time to set it up yet and Jimmy offered up a bike.....and Dad can't say "No". Shhhh! On the plus side MiniGP won't be so intimidating now LOL

LarsDunaway

Rat Boy
Staff member
Control Rider
Dude, I wish I could have been there to see this. Alex is the man, can't wait to ride along side him!