Harbor Freight folding 4x8 trailer - Q for owners

rk97

I removed the tires from my trailer the same day I removed the tires from my bike and migrated them to the basement for winter storage.

During that process, I happened to notice that there are black marks (indicating occasional tire rubbing) on the brackets that hold the fenders.

I'm 99.9% convinced that it's the fender vibrating and moving INTO the tire, not the other way around, and inspecting the tires yielded absolutely ZERO indication of any wear from the contact.

Should I be at all concerned?

The lack of wear on the tires themselves puts me a little more at ease, and before I put the wheels back on in the spring, I'll paint or tape over the tire marks on the bracket so I can see if there's any NEW rubbing happening.

Anyone else seen this from their Harbor Freight cheapy transporter? any problems to report?

Mine is the 1100 lbs capacity model with 12" four-lug wheels, to be specific.

erick1670

you are fine!

I have the same trailer and I took the fenders off b/c the fender brackets cracked and it was rattleling too much,and here is how it looks.... opps I forgot that I am at the other coputer but will post pics soon.... here!

mattf

The fenders on my HF trailer did just what yours did.....it was the fender moving and rubbing the tire, not the other way around.

some guy #2

I've had mine for a year now and have not noticed the fender rubbing the tire. I will look to make sure though. I did have the middle of the tires start to come apart due to underinflation (I think) but they held up to georgia and back.

some guy #2

BTW, I love seeing pictures of 2 bikes on those things. You always hear people hating on their stuff but we HF owners can show them a thing or two :D!