Harbor Freight trailers

PJZOCC624

I know some of you out there have these. Anyone running a 2-bike setup? If not, would you trust their trailer with 2 bikes? Thanks.

Steve

PJ,

I don't have a HF trailer, but a friend of mine did and we used it to go to Barber a couple of years ago. We had 2 bikes on it and some gear. The only thing I noticed was it was pretty flexible, one time I went a little too fast on an off ramp and my bike was almost leaned over onto his bike. Also, for some reason he was having issues with the bearings, but we made it there and back!

Steve

physicistkev

Control Rider
i run a 2 bike setup on a redtrailer folding 5x8 trailer. i don't drive like a demon with it but it's sturdy as hell. using 3/4 inch plywood for the floor and double bolting all tie down points.

ThePro8

dont listen to these pansies, do it! :)

i have a harbor freight trailer and i run a 2 bike setup. its fine. i suggest getting good cocks like a baxley or a trailer restraint system like pit bull.

my trailer has been speed tested with 2 bikes for an 8 hour drice maxing out at 90 mph. it will be fine.

beac83

ThePro8;8051 wrote: i suggest getting good cocks
pefrey;8054 wrote:
WTF dude! :D
Yes, you need them to crow at 5AM to get you up after driving all night to get to the track. :wow:

PGood

We use one for a two bike setup. Rode fine all the way to Barber and back. Plenty of trip to VIR as well. A few modifications were done for support.

img0704zs5.jpg

img0701hl3.jpg

img0703yb8.jpg

ThePro8

TripleThreat;8071 wrote: Steve, you big gayer...
:doh: That's what I get for trying to post on my phone while driving. Maybe I should stop trying to help people.

I meach CHOCKS for the record.

Macon663

I use one but only carry one bike. I do throw my generator on there also though. I think you'd be fine with 2 if you set it up well w/ a good solid floor. I wouldn't put my PE stamp on it though...

Quantum_Ape

I have a HF tailor. Used it for the last 7 years with no problems. In fact, it was one of the best tailors i have used. I did upgrade the bolts and use lock nuts instead of the lock washers they come with so they didn't need to be re-torqued later. I put rails up on mine at one point and hauled a good half ton from CA to ID which included mountain ranges and snow. Followed great. I've had mine up to 110 with no issues and it even drifts with a well balanced load though i don't recommend trying.

I only ever put one bike on it, but if you use chucks and good holds two shouldn't be a problem as you can see from the photo's.

If your good at putting things together and understand how and what to torque things at, HF is a great choice. I loved mine. :cool:

:tothetrack:

PJZOCC624

Lotsa good info and input boys... Thanks!

PGood, thanks for the pics... exactly what I was hoping for. I'm gonna poke around this weekend and see what else is out there for an economical transport mechanism.

And Pro8.... if I could find some good cocks, I'd never leave the house.

(......Sinner......)