Has a scooter been benficial for you.

justariot66

OK guys and gals I was on craigslist looking at Roketa scooters, has anyone heard of them? What are your thoughts? Also if you have a scooter do you always bring it to the track? Has it been as good a buy as you thought it would be? I am looking for a cheap chinese job prolly electric you can get one for like 500.00. I am not going to be taking it on the street to get groceries and I dont want to buy a zuma even though I can see the benefit its just too much money.

Dave #66

Mr. Blindrider

justariot66;81502 wrote: OK guys and gals I was on craigslist looking at Roketa scooters, has anyone heard of them? What are your thoughts? Also if you have a scooter do you always bring it to the track? Has it been as good a buy as you thought it would be? I am looking for a cheap chinese job prolly electric you can get one for like 500.00. I am not going to be taking it on the street to get groceries and I dont want to buy a zuma even though I can see the benefit its just too much money.

Dave #66

It beats walking up hills any day and it has a beer.............I mean cup holder.:D

Folly1

scooter

Dave,

Save you money, don't buy the aftermarket exhaust, and when you have enough, get a dirt bike. It will do scooter duty and offer a lot of cheap fun riding in the off season.

Ben.

HighWay

Folly1;81511 wrote: Dave,

Save you money, don't buy the aftermarket exhaust, and when you have enough, get a dirt bike. It will do scooter duty and offer a lot of cheap fun riding in the off season.

Ben.

:agree:

Great advice!!

dogger

Both of my Zumas have paid for themselves. I ride one to work most days. Wife goes to the store with them. I do take them to the track but they don't do anything for me that a bicycle couldn't do.

justariot66

I have a wr 400 but its a bitch to start I doubt I would want to kick it a bunch of times to start it up in leathers.

Dave #66

Ruhe52

Not beneficial but fun as heck. Keep in mind a bike you need to clutch a scooter you can hold a beer while you ride.:saythat:

Mr. Blindrider

Folly1;81511 wrote: Dave,

Ben.

Does this mean your ready for another DT trip?:D

Folly1

scoot

Not just ready, but way over due.

I appreciate your help, advice and encouragement in that area.

Al will be up for it. 2 more races and he reverts to a nearly normal person.

Ben.

justariot66

Yeah the holding a beer thing seems important. Like I said don't want to bother with kickin the dirt bike. Anyone who wants to hit TNT or duramtown or carolina adventure world just let me know I am up for it.

Folly1

Dave,

A small exclusive group does durhamtown several times a year. You have to get the invitation through Ken or Matt. ( Actually, it's small, but any group that includes me can't be very exclusive.)

Ben.

justariot66

ON a completely different note (but I didnt want to start a new topic).

My 2001 gixxer is sitting in the garage right next to my 2007 gixxer. I love my 2001 we have shared many good times, but I gotta say she is like a girl you date who is alittle thick in the ass and legs but you dont care. That is until you date a hotter chick and whenever you bump into the ex you say "geez shes fat."

Dave #66

HighWay

justariot66;81608 wrote: ON a completely different note (but I didnt want to start a new topic).

My 2001 gixxer is sitting in the garage right next to my 2007 gixxer. I love my 2001 we have shared many good times, but I gotta say she is like a girl you date who is alittle thick in the ass and legs but you dont care. That is until you date a hotter chick and whenever you bump into the ex you say "geez shes fat."

Dave #66
You calling my bike fat too??? :flipoff:

Davisjk

Buy a honda CRF 50, one little small kick and she starts. You can go more places than a scooter AFTER a few of those beers get ingested, ( which normally happens)and you can get some cool stuff for them like big bars and heavy springs.:D:cheers:

Mr. Blindrider

Davisjk;81673 wrote: Buy a honda CRF 50, one little small kick and she starts. You can go more places than a scooter AFTER a few of those beers get ingested, ( which normally happens)and you can get some cool stuff for them like big bars and heavy springs.:D:cheers:
Not everybody is a midget like yourself short stuff.:poorguy:

justariot66

I am way to fa... um ..big boned for a 50. Hell I am almost too fat for a 750!

ON another completely seperate note, nesba is the best.
I posted a simple question on another board yesterday and one of the "official coaches" gave me a smart ass answer. I mean I like to bust chops but I have not ridden with this org for a few years and this clown doesnt know me AND it was an honest question.
Just thought I would vent.

Dave #66