Haven't had good luck with waiting lists. Advice?

simpsonf

I waited too long to get wife approval and now I'm on the waiting list for VIR 8/23 B class. The last time I tried to get a spot (Summit) I could never beat the other guy to the spot. I even posted on the trackday for sale area to no avail.
I had planned to rideshare that day with a friend, and would be letting him down if I don't keep my part of the plan, so is there a possibility that a spot will open if I come prepared?
:banghead:
Thanks in advance for your help,
Fred
B-916

Folly1

Are you considering the pro/cons of keeping this wife? Just joking.

I have seen it work both ways. Some people waste the day, though there are worse ways to spend time than hanging at the track, and others, me included, have been able to snag a spot. If you do this, take a chair and sit in front of the registration table about 30 minutes before they open. Stay there and the "powers" will be impressed with you commitment, if not your planning skills.

Good luck,

Ben.

P.S. I was really just joking about dumping the wife.

Perlzuki

Be nice to Brian!

Fred, Mark here. Good luck. Openings come & go, just keep trying. As it gets closer, you have a better chance! Weather or job issues??? Be very nice to Brian & he may be able to help you out!

See ya,

Mark
SE CR #249
06 GSXR 1000

simpsonf

Hey Mark,
Thanks for helping me at the SED. I've been working on my r-6 trying to make sure its good to go. I'm planning on bringing the R-1 as a back up. If I can get in, that is. Its enough to make a grown man cry.

Mr.DJ

I'm all out of sugar today...

We don't oversell events. We will not add another bike at registration unless we are contacted by the registered rider that they will not attend. This must occur before event start. NOTE: NO REFUND FOR NO SHOWS. Yes, it could be 10am, 11am or 1pm before the missing riders show up, and we see this occasionally . It's their reservation and we will honor their purchase by not selling it to someone else. So, just like waiting for someone not able to continue after the first sessions, waiting in front of registration will NOT get you anything.

Fred, sure you can come out and roll the dice, but I'd put your odds at less than 40%. You got some time, so please keep trying. A lot of things happen as we get closer.

Good Luck and be quick with the mouse :)

dj

jbraslins

I configured my Exchange account to automatically forward emails from nesba to my cell.

Every time waiting list spot become available i get a text message. Then i use my phone to get online and book it.

simpsonf

jbraslins;7258 wrote: I configured my Exchange account to automatically forward emails from nesba to my cell.

Every time waiting list spot become available i get a text message. Then i use my phone to get online and book it.
That means you'll call me when there's an opening right?:D

I wonder how much it would cost me to get someone to monitor my email while I work, take care of the baby, etc....

Looks like I'll be there as part of a pit crew. That's still not bad, and I want to support my bro's.
Fred

ksolo81

hey fred dont feel bad im in the same boat just dont have as far to drive. dj what do you know about some dice rolling? dont make me take all of your money in the registration room (since in not riding either)! and welcome back matt answer your dang phone sometimes! see u there fred and yanis

Rhino

Get a blackberry and make sure you save the event sign up in your favorites ....... worked for me in the past!

simpsonf

Hey Kevin!
You gonna be there too? If so, it'd be great to see you again. I did get a spot on the 25 however to ride the North course. Hope to see you there. I think you'll like my buddy that I'll be pit crewing for. He's a decent dude that I've worked with for the past 10 or so years that is having his first trackday on the 23rd.

How's the wife and kids?
Fred

ksolo81

nc

yes ill be there but i wont be riding ive waited too long, the wife and kids r cool they were askin about ya she may be there with me well.... cant wait til my next day! there starting to run short for the year!
:popcorn:

simpsonf

Kevin, can you ride on the 25th? I'll bring the suit if you can. Meanwhile, I'm still working on getting the piece of !@#$ R-6 together.
Fred