Heal up Jiggy.

slowpoke

slow_honda;135646 wrote: A real man would pin it and be back out next weekend riding
aren't you the guy who's been whining about the boo-boo on his leg for the past month?

but i digress: Jiggy good luck at the doc and let us know what we can do to help. Heal up bro!

slowpoke

Twiztedjester55;135649 wrote: It's just his clutch wrist too, all he needs that for is the start of the race.
:dunno: probably better than the throttle hand considering the way Jiggy wrenches on the gas.

Dave561

Control Rider
slowpoke;135666 wrote: aren't you the guy who's been whining about the boo-boo on his leg for the past month?

but i digress: Jiggy good luck at the doc and let us know what we can do to help. Heal up bro!
Did I not ride 2 days later and keep you easily in sight with only one good leg. Enough said cupcake :box:

slowpoke

slow_honda;135669 wrote: Did I not ride 2 days later and keep you easily in sight with only one good leg. Enough said cupcake :box:
quick threadjack: you're right, you were able to see me from the paddock:rainbow:

ok - back to Jiggy healing up quickly....

Jiggy

Control Rider
Open reduction internal fixation left scaphoid fracture, ulna fracture, peri lunate dislocate. My wrist is still dislocated :( Surgery tomororrow, 4 pins, one screw, and safety wire

tittys04

One thing I can highly recommend is that you do the physical therapy during the healing process... especially on something used as often as your wrist. When I had my wreck on the street, I made damn sure I did bc I've heard terrible horror stories about guys being "tough" and "not needing pt." It was the best thing I've ever done, I have full rang of motion in my shoulder (after a broken scapula) and my upper body is stronger than it was before the crash. Healing will take time, but don't skimp on the pt.

heal up quick bro.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Hope all goes well with the surgery and you heal well and quickly, my friend.

danch

tittys04;135688 wrote: I made damn sure I did bc I've heard terrible horror stories about guys being "tough" and "not needing pt."
Truth of it is, you've gotta be tough to _do_ PT!

crewnutz

Jiggy;135677 wrote: Open reduction internal fixation left scaphoid fracture, ulna fracture, peri lunate dislocate. My wrist is still dislocated :( Surgery tomororrow, 4 pins, one screw, and safety wire
eww damn dude

scaphoid injuries suck. do everything the doctor tells you too for those or you could have problems for the rest of your life, no joke

i bruised mine back in 2008 in an unrelated fence jumping incident and it took nearly 6-8 months to fully heal, i still have soreness there because i didnt let it rest and heal like i shouldve

Smithereens

Control Rider
N2
Sorry to hear about you're injury. Seems like a lot of guys have been getting dinged up lately.
Since you're not on a factory GP team..... take as much time as you need to heal properly.
Good luck with the surgery.

kappy1000

Control Rider
Director
Jiggy;135677 wrote: Open reduction internal fixation left scaphoid fracture, ulna fracture, peri lunate dislocate. My wrist is still dislocated :( Surgery tomororrow, 4 pins, one screw, and safety wire
Dang!!! Now we gotta bring Lemon in for the translation!!! Heal up Bro!!!:adore:

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
meaning they cut jiggy ace open and found that there truely is nitrous in his blood...I KNEW IT!!!

scaphoid is the bone in your wrist near the thumb attachment. Give someone a thumbs up, and htat little square area that is created because of the tendons rising up at your wrist joint, that is where the scaphoid is. Issue with a scaphoid break is poor blood supply to the area, and could become necrotic (dead) if not healed well.

Depending on fracture of ulna, no a huge deal unless ya damaged your cartilagenous disc in the process.

dislocation will mean you need to make sure your girl is tending to your needs, as you wont be able to for a while........

physicistkev

Control Rider
Heal up Jiggy.

I had a similar issue about 8 years ago. Broken and dislocated right wrist. Broke the head off of the Ulna, at a 45 degree angle to the length of the bone and shoved ulna, broken piece and Radius about 2 inches into my palm. It was no joke that my right arm was about 1 3/4 inches shorter than my left. I never got surgery and have minor issues today. My Radius sticks out a bit on the outside of my wrist, my right hand is about 2 degrees clockwise in relation to my right forearm and when lifting heavy objects or at odd angles, I can feel my wrist separate a bit. Nothing that really affects daily life, just a reminder of the injury every once and a while.

Hope everything works it's way back to normal.

Kevin