Hello all!

J-Dog

So I've decided that I want to do some trackdays. Horray for me! Not so much for my wallet. :rolleyes:

My name is Jason, and I've been riding close to two years now. I have two bikes, an 06 SV650N and a 06 VFR800, though, the SV is the one that will be seeing track duty.

While this won't be my first time on a track, it will be my first on a motorcycle other than a "Try the Track" session with TPM this past weekend. I'm just looking to get out in a controled enviroment, get some coaching, and become a faster, safer, more competent rider. So far, I've been pretty good about not getting in over my head. I hope to continue that and have some fun running around the track with like minded individuals.

Jefferson at Summit on 8/1 or 8/2 may be my first trackday, just have to do some routine maintenance to the SV, get the kitchen pass from the S/O, and rent a trailer. No problem right? :)

So if you should see Bigfoot in black leathers, riding a goofy looking teal naked bike, come say hi.

StreetRider

Welcome to the addiction, and be prepared to empty the bank account... Just kidding, bro. I am sure you will have a good time, just keep an open mind and have a good time. Once again-welcome to the family.

J-Dog

Thanks! Trust me, I know how stuff like this can make things like rent and food seem like wasting money. Spent the better part of adolecence and early adulthood either racing, building or crewing on a number of different kinds of cars and styles of racing.

There are few things that will burn through the rent money faster than putting a vehicle on a track. :p

suzukigirl

I know how stuff like this can make things like rent and food seem like wasting money

Haha... You ARE practically one of us already : )~

Welcome to this wonderful family of Nesbains!!

The good news is that this (ESPECIALLY your SV) is going to be much nicer to your wallet than cars ; ) You're gonna love it!!

J-Dog

Thanks.

I had considered trying to get back into racing karts, but I figured, been there done that. Let's try something new. And I already have the bike, so here I is. :)

For some thread filler here's me and the bike at the Gap.

Jason41.jpg

J-Dog

Well, I'm on the wait list for 8/1 and 8/2. Guess I should have signed up sooner huh? :p

But, I'm officially a Nesbian now, Beginner group, bike #17.

J-Dog

Looks like I'll be hitting the track on 8/2 on the Summit Jefferson course!! :) I'm stoked!

J-Dog

Fatboy;71561 wrote: Welcome Jason! See u at JC
Thanks! Looking forward to it! :)

Nudist;71550 wrote:
Wanna pit together? :idea:
Uh oh, there goes the neighborhood! :eek: Am I still allowed to pit with the cool kids?

How ya doing Nate? Good thing you're in I group, you'd probably run off the track from laughing so hard at my slow ass wobbling around in B group. :p

dfaldridge

Welcome Brother! I'm new to NESBA also and I'm having a great time. Rode CornerSpeed for a year or so. I say, take it slow and spend your money wisely.. Every track day is spent getting faster and faster and getting your gear better and better. Also your tent and trailer situated. Hope to see ya at VIR one day...

Nudist

J-Dog;71691 wrote:
How ya doing Nate? Good thing you're in I group, you'd probably run off the track from laughing so hard at my slow ass wobbling around in B group. :p
We'll see - Im using the streetbike for this one... maybe they will let me go to B and play :)