Hello from B'ham,AL

nickxrx

I just found out about NESBA the other day on another fourm. I purchased my first streetbike back in September 09. Also found out about the free pass yamaha gives to buyers so I have already signed up for a track day at Barbers. My bike is a 09 FZ6R its not the best track bike but it should be fun.lol

JRA

Welcome to NESBA Nick! You'll have to come out to one of our Barber events this year when you can test ride any of the new Yamaha sportbikes. Your FZ6 is in the demo fleet as are the FZ1 and the R series bikes as well. I'm not sure when the demo schedule will be released but we usually have the bikes at Barber at least a couple of times a year. If your lucky the demo bikes might be at the day you have already booked, or if not you can always come back another day. Again, welcome!

Ruhe52

Welcome Nickxrx. Get ready to have the most fun you have ever had while being upright.
You live right in the shadow of one of the greatest tracks on the schedule and thus would think easily bitten by the track bug.
Your FZ6R will be fine. Just read the riders manual and by all means ask questions.

You will find NESBA members to be some of the friendliest folks at the track. Watch out for that D-Zum guy:D

Thank you for selecting NESBA.

Will see you out there.

Lesley

You are soooo lucky! The best track in the Southeast (as far as I'm concerned) is in your backyard! Barber is great and YOU don't have to drive forever to get there! I'm jealous:) Welcome.

Ruhe52

Hey if you have time come on out and check things out in Feb just to get a feel for how the day goes.

nickxrx

Yea I will definitely try to come out in Feb. Is there a fee or anything to just watch? Also would i have to sit in the stands or could i come down to the pits??? Do they frown on spectators at these closed sessions?

Ruhe52

Nick look me up.
No fee to come out and watch your friends Mike John Austin and the rest of the crew ride.

Barber is a pretty great place to watch as there are several spectator areas to view the track from.

nickxrx

I appreciate the hospitality and will be glad to meet you and the other folks. I'm really interested in learning more about the "whole track experience" and becoming a better rider.

hondafan74

Hey

...i am currently in Bham, not sure if i am staying...but here for now to work. I ride honda and currently have 2 1000rr's. Did barber with Nesba last year and did not want to leave....just wanted to ride and ride and ride. Hit me up if you are ever looking for a group to ride with around AL.

Later,

Mattj

JAB3

Welcome Nick! Like mike said, come by and see us. Once you're there, you will get a feel for how a day flows.

nickxrx

Yea hondafan if your still in Alabama when it starts to warm up, we should get a group together. I have a couple of buddies that I can get. I can't wait to get to the track come February.