Hello from DE

Luggageboy

Hello to everyone at NESBA. I am a new rider from the delaware area and was looking to join a club that frequents NJMP. I am new to track riding and would like to try the experience. Through searching and asking some friends, I was pointed in NESBA's direction. I would definitely fall under the beginner category class. My question to you experienced members is:
What steps do I take to get my foot in the door with attending track days? Where do I sign-up, who do I talk to? Do I need to be a NESBA member? I have a fairly stock 2007 honda cbr600rr, do I need to do anything to the bike to be able to participate? Thanks for your time.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Welcome to NESBA! All of your questions about gear requirements and bike prep, as well as other good information can be found in the Riders' Manual. Here's the link: http://www.nesba.com/Info/Downloads/manual.pdf

Yes, you have to be a member to attend a trackday. There are two membership levels: $25 per year, and an Elite that is $200 per year which includes perks such as no late fees. I think there used to be an option to attend as a guest, but I'm not sure if that's the case. Anyway, 25 bucks is a cheap membership.

First, create an account. From the home page, at the upper right of the screen, you'll see "Create an account / My account". Click create an account and fill in all the info. Once that's done, you can then purchase a membership and register/pay for events.

You can register to try it first for free if you don't want to commit. There is an Intro option that will allow you to ride the first two 20 min sessions of the day for free. You can do that once. If there's room, you can sign up for the day. Or, just join and pay for the entire day if you think you'll like it (most everyone does).

Luggageboy

Thank you all for the quick replies. I have registered on the site but have not paid membership. I will do that now that I know I need to. I am located in wilmington, DE off of kirkwood highway. I have read the rider's manual and that answered a few questions. I am unsure of where I would acquire rider numbers? are they given at the track on the event day? I really look forward to coming out and joining all you guys/gals at riding on a real course! I have a full leather suit, gloves, boots, and DOT helmet. Are there any visor restrictions? I currently use an Iridium visor because my eyes are sensitive to sun glare.

CBRtist

I'm wondering if you were one of two riders who went flying by opposite direction on Rt. 100 near Brandywine State Park last week. Two guys in full leather, and you don't see that often in DE parts as it's mostly :squid:

You can start off doing this, which I'm doing on 10/1 http://http://www.nesba.com/Info/Intro.htm

then giving the circumstances that day, may sign up for full day :dunno:

I could answer some of your other questions, but best left to the pros :wink:

Luggageboy

That was most likely my brother and I. I have a white cbr, he has a black suzuki. We were up that way last weekend. Friday if I remember correctly. I ONLY ride my bike with full gear. I tried to click the link but it says page not responding. I can try again when I am home, maybe blocked at work for some reason?

CBRtist

Bubba Zanetti;253761 wrote: Welcome!

I am in Southern Delaware.

BZ
Meant to ask in my thread where in S. Del? Apologies if I'm turning this into a Delaware thread :eek:

Luggageboy

Ah yes I remember seeing you now! You were the only other biker I saw the whole day wearing gear! (Definitely a small world). The link you posted works correctly now. If you would like to get together at some point for a ride let me know! As far as October first is concerned, I cannot do a monday at this time. I would be looking for something on saturday/sunday. NJMP is for sure the closest track to me. Do any of the DE folks venture to other tracks?

Luggageboy;253765 wrote: Ah yes I remember seeing you now! You were the only other biker I saw the whole day wearing gear! (Definitely a small world). The link you posted works correctly now. If you would like to get together at some point for a ride let me know! As far as October first is concerned, I cannot do a monday at this time. I would be looking for something on saturday/sunday. NJMP is for sure the closest track to me. Do any of the DE folks venture to other tracks?
Summit Point is fun and I have gone to VIR, which was ALOT of fun, but its a hell of a ride when you leave family behind.

BZ

CBRtist

Luggageboy;253765 wrote: Ah yes I remember seeing you now! You were the only other biker I saw the whole day wearing gear! (Definitely a small world). The link you posted works correctly now. If you would like to get together at some point for a ride let me know! As far as October first is concerned, I cannot do a monday at this time. I would be looking for something on saturday/sunday. NJMP is for sure the closest track to me. Do any of the DE folks venture to other tracks?
Yes, well, unfortunately since I'm the primary caregiver to our 4 y/o daughter and my husband's a chef... I only can ride Mondays or at midnight. They both incredibly cramp my style :cool: (*waiting for him to come in and :flipoff:*). Yours was a rare sighting of me that day.

IF he does track Sat/Sun, we are always with him, so I'm sure we'll see you around. I'll PM you so we can talk more.

All other DE track people I know have since "retired".

CBRtist

Bubba Zanetti;253767 wrote: Summit Point is fun and I have gone to VIR, which was ALOT of fun, but its a hell of a ride when you leave family behind.

BZ
Yes, the day NJMP was constructed I was :adore:. We still make an occasional trip to Summit/VIR, but it's a haul, especially with kid in tow.

You both are always welcome to pit with us two stroke guys (and the additional motley true) that bands together at NJMP.

BZ

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Luggageboy;253755 wrote: Thank you all for the quick replies. I have registered on the site but have not paid membership. I will do that now that I know I need to. I am located in wilmington, DE off of kirkwood highway. I have read the rider's manual and that answered a few questions. I am unsure of where I would acquire rider numbers? are they given at the track on the event day? I really look forward to coming out and joining all you guys/gals at riding on a real course! I have a full leather suit, gloves, boots, and DOT helmet. Are there any visor restrictions? I currently use an Iridium visor because my eyes are sensitive to sun glare.
You can select what ever number you want when you create your account. Rider numbers for the bike, heck, you can make them out of painters, electrical or duct tape if you want, as long as they're visible! :) Or, you could get some 5 or 6 inch ones in a motorcycle shop or Cycle Gear...they're vinyl numbers for dirt bikes. I've used the ones by Factory effex: http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/9/191/1/0/0/DEPARTMENT/Dirt-Bike-Motocross-Decals-Stickers-Accessories.aspx?SITEID=Google_dirt_bike_numbers&WT.mc_ID=10001&WT.srch=1&esvt=GOUSB340799175&esvadt=999999-0-3978925-1&esvid=400013&gclid=CP2-yvfIobICFUfd4AodSRQAtw

You can stick them on the front, or the sides of the tail, or both. When I had a bike that did street and track duty, I got a piece of white vinyl, cut it to size, and put the numbers on it. Then I just taped it over the headlight, and I could remove and reuse it.

CBRtist

Bubba Zanetti;253771 wrote: You both are always welcome to pit with us two stroke guys (and the additional motley true) that bands together at NJMP.

BZ
Thanks! :) Although recent purchase of Fun Mover has made our pit experience 10x better.

CBRtist

HondaGalToo;253774 wrote: A Fun Mover? We're pitting with you!
Haha Judy! Sounds luxurious but I've done my time over past 6 years sleeping in car, doing the canopy thing... I think it's about time, and with a 4 y/o, I was worried someone would call CPS on us lol.

When we stayed overnight at Summit the last time everyone left. I was so :eek: and felt like I was in "The Hills Have Eyes". In the morning :asleep: we were awakened by gunshots and the FBI Popo came a knockin in the a.m. and kicked us out because they were doing maneuvers that day :eek:uttahere:

You can only have these experiences with track days :)