Hello from Norfolk, Va

snikwad

trickyricky;94844 wrote: My bike now is an '02 GSXR-750, gathering all the parts for front upgrade.
1bad7; So you were in Sigonella? I loved Mugello, also did Vallelunga, Imola, didn't like the noise restrictions, went to Jerez, Valencia, Brno. In Japan I went to Ebisu, Fuji, Tsukuba and Motegi (the most expensive one day track event, by far!!!!).

Snikwad: Sup. Going to the meet on the 21st?

Glad to see a few Va riders, do you guys travel together to the venues?
yeah i'll be there...:)

i roll with thrill 357 and LindR6, them two my partners in crime, cause i refuse to put a trailer hitch on the car. lol

How soon are you looking to hit the track again?

trickyricky

Hahaha! Old man Showalter!! I used to ride with him all the time, unveatable in Cellole. Now I remember you 1bad7, we were planning on a trip that never happened to Sicily to do the big track (pergusa?). Small world, nice.
I wish I could do a ride, but my bike is a track mule only, no vin. I was thinking about getting a frame with a good vin and put all my stuff on that one, but not sure if I can pull it off.

I'm stationed in Norfolk Air station, paint and final finish and advanced corrosion control instructor, nice little gig!

Snikwad, my bike is going to be ready to roll by Feb 2010 at the latest, last thing to do is send my suspension to get it worked after I fit everything from the fork swap and presto! Track bound to wherever. Right now bodywork is off, sanding and puttting fiberglass patches, etc.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
Shipmates,
Welcome aboard the NESBA family!! We all know how it is to be apart of a team and this is the next best thing to a liberty port in Thailand. 1bad7 we met when you got your bump, I'm the retired Senior Chief. I know I'll see you guys out in the paddock until then take care and again welcome...

1bad7

Ricky, Yeah man that was going to be a really good time if you guys had come down. I was supposed to go up there with another dude that's there and ride Vallelunga, but you know how it goes when time starts to compress right before a transfer.

Vinny, it was definitely good to meet you there, and I will definitely be coming back up that way again as NJ was a pretty nice track that flows really well. I can't wait to ride VIR.

We'll all roll out together and show up in force kinda like when we were overseas, back then it was pretty cool. We'd show up about 30 deep with bikes and then anothe 15-20 just to hang out. Do the BBQ at Pergusa and Siracusa. Man those days were definitely a blast.

trickyricky

Well, time to do it here then, seems like there is quite a few Va dudes here to have a nice roll call at the track venues, join forces, share resources type deals :D

1bad7

I can pretty much do anything to a bike, so if somebody needs a hand let me know. I just have to figure out how to hook up the quickshifter from the ZX-10 to the R1, that and paint my race fairing are my big projects for the winter.

trickyricky

I'm painting fairings as well. Got to get suspension sorted, fork swap completed, install new clutch, chain and sprockets and tires.