Hello from Richmond, VA

warregl

Hi all,

Born again rider here. I got back in the saddle 2 years ago when I realized that I had been saying I was going to do it "next year" and if I kept that up one day I would realize there were no more next years!

Considering it had been a while (and considering I surely didn't know nearly as much as I thought I did when I was riding in my youth) I figured some education was in order so I took the MSF class. While that was useful (simply because of my time away motorcycles) it was not the technical riding knowledge I wanted so I took California Superbike School levels 1 & 2 (I'm taking 3 & 4 this May).

These classes were great and they have sparked an interest in doing track days. So I am here hoping to meet some folks that attend area track days and wouldn't mind some company, and hopefully learn a thing or two along the way.

Ride safe.

warregl

Many thanks for the greetings! I've heard great things about NESBA and I hope to learn a lot and contribute to the community.

lemondrop;168367 wrote: Whats up...where ya at in Richmond?
I live in the Bryan Park neighborhood and work downtown.

darren graveel

Welcome to NESBA

I'm in the Mechanicsville area, glad you have made the choice to join NESBA. We are the best with the most one on one interaction. I will be at all southest events stop by and see me.

warregl

darren graveel;168394 wrote: I'm in the Mechanicsville area, glad you have made the choice to join NESBA. We are the best with the most one on one interaction. I will be at all southest events stop by and see me.

Thank you sir I'll do that.

Do you know if there are any riding groups in the Richmond area that do track days together? No one in my social circle rides so I would love to meet some area riders.

Rydell

Yeah im in the Libbie / Broad area myself. Been trying to get ol' Lemondrop to go to QSL, but the slacker always has some excuse. Maybe if we get enough local NESBA folks interested we can do a night there.

DFlowe

We welcome you aboard with NESBA. The schools are great and will hopefully get you going with good habits and basics. In my opinon, as much seat time as possible along with coaching are what makes the biggest difference.

I hope to meet you at some of our events this year,

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
QSL is overrated.....and their wings SOOK!!!!

as for richmond trackday riders....i can haul 4 bikes, 2 genny's, 6 gas cans, and gear. I usually post up if I am heading to a TD. So, if ya got a Pitbull trailer restraint pins/bar and I have a spot, you got a ride to your favorite track with a little gas money.

Anyone been to Poe's on Sunday? Just found out about this and there was a line-up about 3 blocks long!

warregl

ScottG;168565 wrote: I give up.... What is QSL?

QSL is Quaker Steak & Lube, a restaurant/service station. A lot of motoring enthusiasts seem to meet there. I haven't been but I'm up for a meet and greet somewhere. I've never been in Poes but I've driven past it, on Sunday mornings it looks like a Son's of Anarchy…er…Harley Davidson convention :D. I’m not sure what full story is.

lemondrop;168586 wrote:
…as for richmond trackday riders....i can haul 4 bikes, 2 genny's, 6 gas cans, and gear…!
Many thanks for the kind offer sir. I’ll keep a lookout for when you are headed to the track and maybe we can hook up.

Poes is broad spectrum. They start serving a buffet breakfast at 9, so lots of folks go out early for some seat time and then hit Poes for a break. Rain or shine year round, second sunday of the month. Crap, just realized it was last Sunday . . .:(

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
warregl;168390 wrote: Many thanks for the greetings! I've heard great things about NESBA and I hope to learn a lot and contribute to the community.
Everything you heard is true...Welcome to the NESBA family!!