Hello from The Plains VA

ninjasloth-10r

Hello all, looking to do my first track day 09-23-13 at Summit Point Main. I'm pumped and any advice on what kind of stuff to bring with me would be greatly appreciated. This will be my first track day ever and I've worked almost all year to make sure I had the gear to do it. Thank you.

RADAR Magnet

Welcome! That's beautiful country out there; makes me want to get another bike for country roads.

Aside from gear, and off the top of my head, basic items to bring include a pop-up canopy, folding table, chairs, cooler, plenty of water/fruit. You basically want to come in off the track and cool off and beat the heat. If you have all that stuff, great, if not, come on out anyway and make friends with the people around you. I'm not sure if I'm making this event but you're welcome to put with me if I do.

Unbroken13

Water... Hydration.... I brought 12 bottles my first time... Should have brought a case... Lol...
A notebook and track map... Take notes... Tire pressure air temp...

Jhuppdog

Hello from a fellow Virginian. I'll be at Summit Main on Monday and I'm in B group as well. I ride a black Buell 1125R so look me up.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
5 gals of gas. You can buy it at the track, but it's expensive. Assuming you're trailering your bike, that is!

Sunscreen.
In addition to water, make sure you also have Gatoraid or some other electrolyte-replacement drinks.

ninjasloth-10r

thanks for the info! and betarace what time you leaving in the morning i wanna follow someone if i can. its been a few years since I've been to summit point and never on a bike before. ill be trucking my bike. no trailer for now.

RADAR Magnet

ninjasloth-10r;287948 wrote: thanks for the info! and betarace what time you leaving in the morning i wanna follow someone if i can. its been a few years since I've been to summit point and never on a bike before. ill be trucking my bike. no trailer for now.
7 to Crums Church Rd is how I go; couple more turns from there but easy; just check Google maps. There's also a 7-11 at that intersection for last minute supplies.

betarace

If you want to borrow my trailer, let me know. It's a tractor supply with a fixed condor stand. Tows to NYST at a sustained 90mph

ninjasloth-10r

I might have to take you up on that. what size ball? i just bought the truck used and crusty so i got a couple of things i gotta do to it still.

kawboy

ninjasloth-10r;287914 wrote: Hello all, looking to do my first track day 09-23-13 at Summit Point Main. I'm pumped and any advice on what kind of stuff to bring with me would be greatly appreciated. This will be my first track day ever and I've worked almost all year to make sure I had the gear to do it. Thank you.
I'm signed up for the 23rd, as well. This will be my 2nd track day with NESBA and first I've been on a track since spring. From your username I'm guessing you ride a ZX10-R? I'll be on a red 4th gen model, number 52.

Stuff to bring - shade, water, fruit/snacks, something to sit on between sessions. You can generally buy lunch at the snack bar. You may also want a tire pressure gauge and air pump, maybe some basic tools for chain adjustment, etc. I always take way more stuff than I end up needing, so if there's something you forgot, come find me. I might have it...

ninjasloth-10r

kawboy;288019 wrote: I'm signed up for the 23rd, as well. This will be my 2nd track day with NESBA and first I've been on a track since spring. From your username I'm guessing you ride a ZX10-R? I'll be on a red 4th gen model, number 52.

Stuff to bring - shade, water, fruit/snacks, something to sit on between sessions. You can generally buy lunch at the snack bar. You may also want a tire pressure gauge and air pump, maybe some basic tools for chain adjustment, etc. I always take way more stuff than I end up needing, so if there's something you forgot, come find me. I might have it...
Sounds great! and yes I'm on a 3rd gen zx10r, the green white and black special edition.

tdoss1980

Welcome!! Love street riding thru the plains, I am signed up to be there and hopefully they dont cancel this day. Im the camo/blaze orange duct tape r6 #78 I be more than happy to help if needed just let me know!