Hello Riders! From Liberty Bell Motorsports Park

msanna

Hi all!
I have the pleasure of knowing a few of you from being a moving pylon out on the track and wanted to share some news that I'm sure by now you are all aware of.

Let me first introduce you all to Liberty Bell Motorsports Park, a 668 acre world class facility to be located in Berks County, PA. We're about 15 minutes East of Reading, 1 hour West of Philadelphia and about 2 hours from New York City.

About the track:
We will have two road race courses that can be configured in to three tracks!
All the road race courses will be 40' wide.
Independence Circuit which is 1.52 miles long has some intense technical features including some great elevation changes.
Freedom Circuit which is 1.51 miles long has some extremely fast sections, like a straightaway just over 1/2 mile long.
Liberty Bell Circuit which will combine the best of both to form a 3.11 mile world class race circuit with a lot of everything!

Also, we'll have two kart tracks that also configure to three circuits.
These tracks will be 26' wide and are .5 mile and .4 miles and combine to be a .84 mile world class kart circuit.

Our paddock area covers about 22 acres and is a hub and spoke design, so all the action will be right there, not a mile away!

There is also a 218 site RV campground we are building as part of the park, which will have electric, water, sewer and cable tv hook ups as well as Wifi. There'll be your typical bath houses and restrooms, as well as a pool area, camp store and a few surprises that will hopefully make your stay more enjoyable. Also you'll be located on the Schuylkill river with a boat ramp to access the river, and the Thun Trail system is also on the site for you hikers and bikers.

So whats the news??

Liberty Bell Motorsports Park was recently granted our final zoning approval from the PA Supreme Court!!!
Actually, the original zoning approval was appealed to both the Commonwealth Court of PA and the Supreme Court of PA and both upheld the original approval that was overturned by the county.
Sound confusing...well it is...lol

Anyway, point is we have the go ahead in terms of zoning finally, after over 68 hearings and 10 years of fighting. Now we are hoping to get our final plan approvals in the upcoming months and are targeting a ground breaking in 6 to 8 months.

If any of you have any questions or comments, please feel free to post up or email me.
I'm looking forward to seeing you all soon!

Marco S Sanna
Track Director &
Business Development
Liberty Bell Motorsports Park
www.libertybellmp.com

jtsgsxr6

Hello! I am excited about this new track you're buidling. I am in the harrisburg area myself and would love a great track so close to me! Maybe I'll take a ride out and check out they area sometime.

Best of luck on the endevour!

Landshark

Control Rider
Hello and thanks for the update. I know I'm personally excited to see another modern track opening up.
Being this is motorcycle club our concerns of safety are always present. Have you sought the council of anyone from the motorcycle community to advise on desired runoff areas and pit in / out safety concerns?

Just curious.

BigBird

This is great new to hear from someone in the know!

And Troy does bring up some great points and concerns...

fitz

A brand new track 5 hours away, nice.

One question, when will I be able to ride on this track with NESBA?

Such a simple question I know. :D

fitz

msanna

Landshark, without getting in to too much detail, the answer is yes. The essential design is ours, however the safety concerns, run offs, pit areas, paddock spaces and overall usability of the park is a collaborative effort with many of well respected motorcycle, auto and kart professionals in the industry.
Trust me when I say that the right people are getting to voice their opinions before we dig!

Fitz...figure on a full season in 2012. I'd like to say maybe end of 2011, but we may have to hire the Extreme Makeover team from TV to get it then...and to be honest, we would rather take our time and get it right than rush it and pay for mistakes later.

Great questions, thanks!

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
Run-off is a solid point.

Along with that, what about the paddock area and electrical? NJMP did a solid job on their Thunderbolt course, but at their Lightning course, if you want to use the electrical, you have to park out in the boondocks.

rk97

Fantastic news - it's great to see track ownership and management so enthused about the project.

Troy's questions about motorcycle safety are a great topic to bring up NOW rather than later.

jcurtis

Control Rider
N2
Landshark;125541 wrote: Hello and thanks for the update. I know I'm personally excited to see another modern track opening up.
Being this is motorcycle club our concerns of safety are always present. Have you sought the council of anyone from the motorcycle community to advise on desired runoff areas and pit in / out safety concerns?

Just curious.
:agree: and correct me if I am wrong, but both circuits appear to be lefty circuits....Is that correct? :notsure:

jtsgsxr6

I like to hear that your approach is taking your time and doing it right the first time. If you succeed you'll make a return customer out of me I can tell you that!

Dave561

Control Rider
That in itself has made me more excited to see this course completed. I've been trying not to get too excited by this, but sounds like the major hurdles are out of the way. This will be the closest track to home for me.

jcurtis

Control Rider
N2
msanna;125561 wrote: jcurtis, yes, i forgot to mention, its a counter clockwise track.
Awesome!!:congrats::congrats::congrats: Hey Marco, when are you coming out to ride?

rk97

msanna;125561 wrote: jcurtis, yes, i forgot to mention, its a counter clockwise track.
NICE. the $20 i won't have to spend on flipping a tire should just about cover my tolls on 76 East! :D

msanna

Jim, i was hoping to have my bike back together by now but as you can imagine its been pretty busy lately. Why, you feel like putting her back together for me?! haha

cyclox

Another track in the NE is great news.

Two things to keep in mind (based on experiences at other recently-built tracks):

- pit-in and pit out areas should allow riders to exit and enter the track without being a hazard to those on track!

- the option to run the track safely in both directions (i.e., both clockwise and counter-clockwise) would be nice.

Best wishes with the construction process!