Helmet cleaning (inside)?

BlueMax

So what do you riders use or do to clean the inside of your helmet? Mines getting a little skunky. :notsure:

Thanks.

TwoTyres

It depends on the helmet. I have an Arai, like some other brands they have removable liners you can remove and wash. I wash mine in the sink but others wash them in the shower with a :loofah:

:D

07yzfr1

my shoei doesn't have a removable liner, therefore, I have to dip it in a sink full of woolite/h20 then rinse well and let air dry on my fan in the garage.

mnofpeace

Mine doesnt have removable liner, so i use the deep utility sink in my basement, and some tide. i simply hand press/wash all the pads on the inside of the helmet until it is fully washed. Then rinse it as best i can, usually filling the helmet with water 5 or 6 times, and hand pressing the pads to get the soap out of them. then for drying i use a blower i have for my kids moon-bounce and let it wind-blast the inside of the helmet for a few hours. mmmm minty fresh after that.

ta2kutz

john time to get a new helmet..........
what brand is it i thought it was a kbc force rr
if its still that one the liner is removeable.

snikwad

with my suomys, i remove the liner, remove the liner clips and throw it in the wash. while its in the wash i febreeze the cheek pads and let em air dry.

dogger

I get in the shower with my helmet and get the inside nice and soaked with water.
I put alot of shampoo on my balding head.
I put the helmet on and slather my head around in it.
I pull the helmet off and rinse the crap out of it 'til I see no more suds.
I put the helmet over a heater/ac duct to let it dry.
I drink a beer and sometimes another until it's dry.

ta2kutz

im surprised its not removeable john. all of my kbc can be taken out.
sometimes there is some double sided tape up towards the top of the head. which i take out the first time and just dont bother with it. it hasnt caused any issue since.
if you wear the helmet to the vt trip let me take a look at it.

dogger

Hi Rhon: I think I met you and your two buddies at RA couple weeks ago. I'm John that might have been parked right next to you with the yellow R6. I think you and your buddy (Charles maybe) were working on his suspension.

I think the take a shower with your helmet method works very well. Just be very careful to make sure you follow the final step.

snikwad

hey John, whats up?
i seriously thought it was a joke, very interesting, tho i don thtink i'll be trying it.
Sunday was a blast man, you shouldve stayed. :)