Helmet size (Suomy vs. Arai)

Demps

Hey guys. I have a Suomy Ventura helmet (size medium) that I love and fits me great. It is getting a little old so I am thinking about getting something new.

If I switch to an Arai, would a size medium be the best size?

Thanks.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
Adam,
If you haven't already I would recommend you try on a few, depending on what line you get it there's a sight difference in fit, especially when you switch brands....my duce

Mikey75702

Just went through something similar with a buddy I took to the dc motorcycle show. He has been wearing 2xl helmets for almost 10 years. He and I talked and he said it was time for a new helmet as his was old. He was going to order another Arai 2xl. I told him to wait and get fitted at the Arai booth at the show. Well he did and turns out he is supposed to wear a large, not a 2xl. The guy measured his head, told him what size he needed, then had him try on the different helmets in that size (all the different Arai helmet lines have different fits). Once he found the right shape oval, in a large he claimed it was the best fitting helmet he had ever worn. He was going home to find a color he liked and order it.

Check this video out for some more info.... http://www.araiamericas.com/default.aspx?pageid=92

smack28752

Sizes between Suomy and Arai seem (at least to me) to be about the same. The thing about Arai that I really like is that they come in different shapes, Round Oval, Intermediate Oval & Long Oval. A Corsair Arai (intermediate oval) for example has a similar shape to a Suomy Spec 1R whereas an Arai Profile is more narrow side to side and much longer front to back... My Suomy hat is really nice but I do end up with a slight pressure point on my forehead... never have that problem with the long-oval Arais.

As stated above, if you get the chance, try on several different brands to find the best fit for your noggin. If possible, work with an experienced helmet fitter at a show or a good shop. You will not be disappointed.