Help needed. TV Show ideas

rcr14

My sister works for a very big network. Not trying to brag,but she and I have been pitching show ideas at them for years. One did actually air. I getting a bit dry with ideas. Is there anything that you/us want to see. Series and/or specials. Just to be upfront don't be too detailed. PM me if you've got what you think is a winner. Don't expect any $$, i did.nt get s**t. My sister did'nt either,well she did go to the 1st laguna motogp. thanks Doug. maybe we'll get something better than Superbiker to watch.

aowens2

Well you know how every day of the week speed re-airs nascar summarys and recaps and storys from years past, we need a show that is more inside the race atmosphere for the bikes, but good luck with nascar getting bumped out of those primetime spots.

rcr14

Well the good thing is she does'nt work for Speed. But that being said,it is harder too get programing in to development. Her network is in a bit of a rebuilding,and looking back at older ideas. I'm hoping some of our older stuff gets a second life. if so you could see crews@nesba days.

aronhalt

Picture this... a show called "lotion boy"

-Reality TV show
-Sunny So Cal...maybe Malibu
-Sports Illustrated SS Models
-Myself in the role of Lotion boy
-I have to deal with some wacky and funny things each week like wardrobe failures, running out of tanning lotion with a just a few more inches of body to cover, and removing sand that sometimes gets in the suits and causes irritation.
-And then there is the problem of the odd model just trying to use me and treat me like a piece of meat
-Imagine the drama and action that could be had with a show like this!

Ahh.. but alas, I'm happilly married, affraid you would have to find another star.

aronhalt

Now for a serious answer.....

Have you every seen the TV series: Jockeys ?

Its a reality TV show that follows a bunch of Jockeys as they race each week. Wife watchs it and to be honest I don't mind it.

The perfect show in my opinion is Jockeys with guys in WERA and/or AMA. Remove the horses, insert motorcycles, instant TV gold!

mattf

aronhalt;60482 wrote: Now for a serious answer.....

Have you every seen the TV series: Jockeys ?

Its a reality TV show that follows a bunch of Jockeys as they race each week. Wife watchs it and to be honest I don't mind it.

The perfect show in my opinion is Jockeys with guys in WERA and/or AMA. Remove the horses, insert motorcycles, instant TV gold!
Not a bad idea......but instead of Jockey's, I was thinking more along the lines of Ultimate Fighter. You don't have to jam a bunch of guys into the same house, because that sure isn't reality....BUT......you gather up a bunch of racers, you chronicle their lives all week as they live and work their normal lives, you show what it takes to live the dream of your average club racer, and you follow them thru a race series season. The races themselves decides who stays, and who goes. If you fall behind, you're out. If you win, you stay alive. Some half ass competitions or challenges can reward guys with newer, better tires, free fuel, whatever, to help out and add some drama.....and then maybe at series end, the series winner gets a shot at testing a for an AMA team (how about Jordan? there's some big name celebrity that any American would know).

rcr14

mattf,that's pretty close to one of our original ideas. we were gonna re-do that one. one idea,going into a works factory and /or team. got about 3 others.

mattf

rcr14;60503 wrote: mattf,that's pretty close to one of our original ideas. we were gonna re-do that one. one idea,going into a works factory and /or team. got about 3 others.
Cool! I'd watch it!

Good luck!

aronhalt

Would be one heck of a drama. Onboard footage, guys crashing and having to postpone hair cuts and shoes for the kids to get the frame on the bike straightened, pawning the microwave to get gas money to go to the next trip. Arguements when one guy bumps another. Track emergencies like trying to change to wet tires in time for the race start and the heavy feeling of failure when it doesn't rain. If produced right with the right cast, I think this would really be good.

vanelli56

Amen....
The trick would be to get the right production, and named backing going on this. Get the entire country and a big name behind it to bring the hype. Something very similar to American Idol, meets Bull run, meets OCC. First off, have a country wide open casting call at tracks across the country for anyone that has a bike, some track experience, and the desire to race at a national level.... Each event should have time trials, interviews, and mock races.... and pick a handful from each venue to move on to the national competition. Each Week, the final group of competitors must meet mental, and phsyical challenges that are faced by up and coming racers. Plus have the reality TV part that follows the racers on there day to day lives, showing what it takes to make it to the next level with drive, commitment, determination, and of course talent and personallity. At the end, have the final 3 or so go against a handful of pro/semi pro racers to see who comes out on top.

Promo line:
Do you have what it takes to make it to the top, do you have the...DRIVE!!!!
10 road racers from across the country compete to show they have the skills, the dertermination, and the DRIVE to race at the top level of Motorcycles road racing series, follow these 10 riders thru the tests to see if they have what it take to make it to the podium.... DRIVE!! Tuesday nights, 10pm eastern!

aronhalt

Can you make it at 9pm eastern? lol

Nice commercial, I could hear the Monster Truck rally voice in my head.

rk97

whatever you do, please don't let anyoen 'vote.' i can't stand another American Idol/So you think you can dance competition.

voting makes it a popularity contest - not a skills contest.

"Set Up" did something similar to the bike idea, but with the pontiac solstice. they raced, competed, interviewed for sponsors, etc. and won improvements to their cars based on the results. not quite reality TV, but close. And they had judges decide who stayed and who went home. The problem was (and always will be) the producers had too much input. They didn't want to send home the least-skilled driver. They wanted to send home the least interesting driver. You could be slow, as long as you were good for ratings.

vanelli56

rk97;61108 wrote: whatever you do, please don't let anyoen 'vote.' i can't stand another American Idol/So you think you can dance competition.

voting makes it a popularity contest - not a skills contest.

"Set Up" did something similar to the bike idea, but with the pontiac solstice. they raced, competed, interviewed for sponsors, etc. and won improvements to their cars based on the results. not quite reality TV, but close. And they had judges decide who stayed and who went home. The problem was (and always will be) the producers had too much input. They didn't want to send home the least-skilled driver. They wanted to send home the least interesting driver. You could be slow, as long as you were good for ratings.
Amen.... You loose, you go home. Its should be about the best person winning.

Setup had a decent idea, but to me, was just not that interesting....just seemed kind of cheesy... like the people on the show were just attention getters and whiners, and not the real down to earth racers that are really out there.

Plus you really need somthing to draw in the crowds of people, to get that audience interaction. If you had the initial trials open at different venues across the country, and really made that a part of the show.... people would be more apt to watch....
"Hey....we need to watch... we were there for that!"
I think that is why some of the shows like idol really took off....b/c people have a connection.... they either went to a audition, know someone that went to an audition, or knows someone at work, who knows someone that auditioned....etc....
If there is any type of connection to the show/events....people will watch.

Hazo

how about a motorcycle racer / crime fighter .. and ...How about if the motorcycle talks !!!.. and changes its own tires..

Greg