Hi all NY n00b here, pls forgive the stupid intro..

quicka2

Hi all,
So I got my first bike not so long ago and I am hoping to get it to the track at summit point 5/12 - 5/13 and NJMP on the 20th. That is if all my gear gets here by this friday

In any event I just wanted to ask for any tips, info or any additional information that i can take from any of you track pros. I have been reading this forum for a while now, and now that I am finally getting all my gear I decided to post. So aside from the required gear, anything else that you can think it would be wise to have on the track?

Thanks for your help in advance, and thanks for all of you that have indirectly helped me by answering other posts in this forum..

Carlos

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Welcome! Read the Riders Manual (if you haven't already): http://www.nesba.com/Info/Downloads/manual.pdf
It'll answer a lot of your questions. Any others, post up! Follow what the Control Riders (CRs) tell you, and focus on smooth, forget about speed.

You say it's your first bike? What did you get and how long have you been riding? Dirt, street?

When you get to the track, bring plenty to drink - water and gatoraid type drinks - and snacks. Bring a chair and a canopy or something to provide shade. Come with the bike tank full, and an extra 5 gal can. Tire gauge, you'll want to run the pressures lower than street. 30 psi cold front and rear is a good starting point, but if you post up what tires you have, you'll get better estimates.

For more detailed lists on what to bring, do a search, I think folks have posted up their lists on here somewhere!

:)

quicka2

HondaGalToo: I got an 09 R6, no real experience riding a bike as an adult. I did however took all the right precautions prior to buying the bike, such as safety courses among other things.

Rmcaninch600/ Vinny337: Thanks!!
Vinny337: by your tag I am assuming you are a dub guy, is that assumption correct?

GriffinD: I am from the BX currently residing in RYE (Westchester)

Again, thanks for the welcome...