HI I'm new

spacemonkey

My name is Chris;

Got my bike, got a trailer, got some credits, and most importantly: the desire to have a good time at the track :)

I just wanted to say hello to people I may be meeting in the next few months as I begin my (mis?!)adventures in track days.

I'll be easy to spot: Tiny red car pulling a big white trailer with a black Ducati on the inside.

I'll be sticking to Barber and Road Atlanta for the most part (can only justify shortish drives to the track between work etc). Though I may be able to swing some other tracks depending on if i can convince my wife it can be a "family" vacation ;)

Hope to see you around-

smack28752

Hi Chris & welcome. If you have only a couple of tracks close by, RA & Barber are the two to have!! Having a Ducati to ride on them is icing for your track cake. Hope to see you out there soon...

Meat

Welcome Chris. Those are a couple great tracks that are pretty different as well. I will be at Road Atlanta the 23rd and 24th of this month. Stop by if you need anything at all. I will be on a Green Kawi ZX6R with "Meat" on the back of my blue A-stars suit.

626suzuki

smack28752;51925 wrote: Hi Chris & welcome. If you have only a couple of tracks close by, RA & Barber are the two to have!! Having a Ducati to ride on them is icing for your track cake. Hope to see you out there soon...
Man no joke those are the two I mainly go to and they're awesome.

Ruhe52

Oh and welcome to NESBA Spacemonkey will see you no doubt at Barber and Road Atlanta as they are my home tracks as well. Stop on by

spacemonkey

Wow I haven't checked this since the other day and alot of nice people I must say.

Another question (a conundrum if you will?!), I've got some extra $ and was thinking of doing Roebling.

My 2 questions are:

Is it worth the LONG drive??

If so how do I convince my wife it's "family" oriented? anybody got a good read on some trailer friendly hotels near cool stuff (specifically the beach...)

chris-

Ruhe52

Heck if you are willing to drive that distance go to VIR. Just remember NESBA paddock rules Kids and pets on a leash.

spacemonkey

My wife is pregnant so the words Camping and enjoyable don't belong in the same sentence. I am looking for suggestions on a pleasant hotel near the beach/ shopping/ dining.

Chris-

itaintall

Hi Chris,

In answer to your second post, Roebling looks boring on the track map, but it's really a lot of fun. It's got more character than you might think. Some fast stuff; some technical stuff. It's not really that far either. I'm the old duff on the blue SV. Stop by and say hi.

Oh, and welcome aboard. You'll like NESBA....except for the evil control riders!!!

AU_R1

Welcome! I'm in a similar boat. New and doing a lot of RA and Barber days. Because of school I can't get away with long drives, or even two day weekends :p

spacemonkey

Ok so I am definately a GO for Roebling.

My question is will there be a suspension guy there? I would like to have this set for me.

Chris-

cnsmoore

RA and Barber, BOOOOO! Who wants to go there? :D
Welcome spacemonkey... I brought my wife to CMP last year when she was 8 months prego and already in labor. The way I figured it, how could I enjoy myself knowing that I could get a call and have to leave. Also if she went into full on labor at the track they got those wonderful medics there to deliver and I wouldnt have to miss a session! :notsure: