Hi there from the chicago burbs

phkz24

New guy here, and looking forward to the new season approaching.

Looking to do my first track days asap, but within reason :)

I went to Blackhawk Farms for the chili cook off, and even if i don't ride the track i come anyways...the track side food you guys make is amazing. I must have had 10 bowls of great chili.

I have been reading the forum here for awhile and finally decided it was time to join up and post.

I hope to make one of the tech days in spring if there is one i can make. And unfortunately i know i can't make the Chicago area bash at Nelly's on the 31st as i will be out of state, otherwise i would :(

About the only think left i want to get before the track is a pair of Held gloves, right now all i have is a pair of teknic chicane gloves, and don't really trust them for track, theres nothing wrong with them, they just feel a bit "thin"

Well i hope to see ya'll around sometime.

Cole

Welcome as well. i would think the gloves would be okay as long as they are gauntlet in style, i.e. cover the wrist as well. While i have heard great things about Held, i would prefer to spend my duckets on tires and trackdays. Just my 2 cents. Look forward to seeing you and everyone else out there for a fantastic '09!

dlockhart5x

Hey Mr Cole and Phkz. Without a doubt the high end Helds are expensive, but to me they are worth it in comfort and crashworthyness.
I can still use my fingers to get the CC out of my wallet to buy more tires and NESBA track days.
( I have done plenty of crash testing)