Hit-Air Vest Sizing

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
I drilled a hole on the center of my tail section, for the rs-1 with the tether in the back. I inserted the supplied grommet and attached the tether so a metal brace under the tail, with the connecter clip sticking out

eskimo

Slow guy on a fast bike
What Judy said for the RS-1. I haven't taken the tail off the bike to do it yet, so mine is currently wrapped around the OEM seat base (Supersport tail). For the MLV vest, usually I put the tether around the triple.

Eddie

Oh man
I think I shoulda got the RS. I don't know if I'm going to like this front tether.
So just run this this around the steering head/triple clamp??

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Oh man
I think I shoulda got the RS. I don't know if I'm going to like this front tether.
So just run this this around the steering head/triple clamp??
You can also run it around a metal brace/frame located right in front of your seat. I think that's what the directions show.

andykurz

Do what Judy says, put it under your seat. If you put it on the triple, the cord is pretty long and you have to get launched pretty far off the bike before the vest deploys. You want that thing popped as soon as possible, crazy things happen in crashes!

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
OK, a few dumb questions.

1) I'm not all that flexible (OK, waiting for the jokes and insults....). If you get the RS and have the tether behind you, how hard is it to attach once you get on the bike - assuming you do it that way? And how long before you stop forgetting it's there so you try to get off without disconnecting it?

2) For those who have crashed, how well does the vest protect your ribs and/or shoulder?

3) If you have a superbike tail, do you put a grommet or something in the hole that you'd need to drill through the seat pan?

I've really been looking at these things and at my advanced age avoiding injuries is a big advantage.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
OK, a few dumb questions.

1) I'm not all that flexible (OK, waiting for the jokes and insults....). If you get the RS and have the tether behind you, how hard is it to attach once you get on the bike - assuming you do it that way? And how long before you stop forgetting it's there so you try to get off without disconnecting it?

2) For those who have crashed, how well does the vest protect your ribs and/or shoulder?

3) If you have a superbike tail, do you put a grommet or something in the hole that you'd need to drill through the seat pan?

I've really been looking at these things and at my advanced age avoiding injuries is a big advantage.
It's not too bad to hook the rs, the cord is coiled so there is some play. Took me a half dozen times of getting off before I now remember to unplug it. LOL. I'll probably forget again. It takes a lot of force to deploy, so unless you trip and fall down, it won't go off. I'm afraid that might embarrassingly may happen to me.

Yeah , they supply a grommet to fit in the hole you drill.

I'll be at NJMP Jul 30 /31 and you or anyone else is welcome to come by and check it out.

Black gixxer/red flames/number 75. Tan F150 with tan enclosed 7x14 dual axle trailer, Jersey plates. Blue canopy.

tdelegram

Control Rider
If Judy is offering I will, look for my 2 KTM RC8's I'll have mine and you can try it sitting on the bike, my friend borrowing my other rc8 will be running one too, not sure on size, brand or model for him, but I run the larger version compared to Judy's. Maroon and tan f250 super duty with a 38 foot 5th wheel toy hauler.

Judy, I'll need a tow for a couple sessions, only did NJMP 1.5 times.

Thanks,
Tom