Hix Racing - Onboard Vid for AMA Superbike Road America

ronhix

oldschool;62094 wrote: Nice moves Ron. Man the bike is fast.
Thanks!

To be completely honest, my bike was not fast comparatively speaking. During qualifying and practice sessions, I could not even stay in the draft of most of the bikes. Expensive game to play.

Fastguy

ronhix;62098 wrote: Thanks!

To be completely honest, my bike was not fast comparatively speaking. During qualifying and practice sessions, I could not even stay in the draft of most of the bikes. Expensive game to play.
I hope that my question does not pry but I'm attempting to gain an understanding of what it takes to be competitive at the different levels.

Your obviously at the level where equipment matters, can you provide ideas of what your competition is doing for an advantage that may not be in your budget.

ronhix

Fastguy;62107 wrote: Your obviously at the level where equipment matters, can you provide ideas of what your competition is doing for an advantage that may not be in your budget.
First, their riders ride better and harder. Second, they are on better and faster equipment. Third, they have better support personnel around them. Fourth, they do this all the time. Other than that, I don't think they really have an advantage. :)

Trent1098S

God I love that traqmate system. I saw a couple of your vids from other races using it on YouTube .. very cool stuff. The speeds you hit around the various tracks I've watched vids on are mind bending for a B guy like me.

Following up on the above post what are you running on the track? What would you change if you had the budget? I know some of the bits get very expensive at the top end (especially suspension, etc).

ronhix

Trent1098S;62109 wrote: Following up on the above post what are you running on the track? What would you change if you had the budget? I know some of the bits get very expensive at the top end (especially suspension, etc).
Not sure I would change much of anything, to be honest. The team has an awesome group of sponsors this year and I'm very pleased with our race effort and success.

The one thing I would add right now is to have a professional, experienced suspension tuner on the team at the track with me. I have learned a lot about suspension over the years from dialing on my own bikes. But, I really need help dialing the bikes to continually drop my lap times.

For instance, at the AMA round we met a tuner named Mike Fitzgerald (aka Thermosman). He is an Ohlins rep and even though we were not running Ohlins, he still tried to help us dial the bike a bit. This type of support is really what we need right now.

Just saw Ron's name on TV and a flash of him as the riders finished the warm-up lap on AMA Pro-Prime Time...

Hix is a Rock Star!

greeny

very cool! Jordan Greenberg was extremely honored to get multiple fly-bys from Ron Hix last Thursday :rtfm: :D

Buell36

Ron, congrats on a great performance in your first AMA races. Must have been pretty wild dicing with guys you see on TV and in magazines all the time. Nice job gettin in the money as well.

ctrank

I finally watched the races on TV last night. It was cool to see you coming up the hill to grid, and then watching your name on the ticker throughout the race Ron. :)

Man, that daytona race was nuts. I cannot believe how many handlebars hit the ground. At the end when the sky opened up, I could not believe they kept racing. It sure puts other sports in perspective that won't race if there is a drop of water on the ground .... :popcorn:

Is speed going to show race 2?

ronhix

ctrank;63398 wrote: I finally watched the races on TV last night. It was cool to see you coming up the hill to grid, and then watching your name on the ticker throughout the race Ron. :)

Man, that daytona race was nuts. I cannot believe how many handlebars hit the ground. At the end when the sky opened up, I could not believe they kept racing. It sure puts other sports in perspective that won't race if there is a drop of water on the ground .... :popcorn:

Is speed going to show race 2?
I think so Chad, it should air this Saturday night on AMA Pro Primetime.