Hix Racing write-up from AMA Road America

ronhix

2009-AMA-RA-Race-2.JPG

Just finished adding the race writeup to the web site. We had a good weekend and showed well at our first AMA event. We finished 20th in the rain in American Superbike race 1 and 18th in the dry for race 2.

Click here -> Full race writeup from AMA Road America

I'll post some pics and vids as they become available.

Thanks for all the love and support! :)

Demps

Ron-

It is so awesome to see someone I know personally out there on an AMA superbike!!! Congratulations on all your accomplishments and good luck in the future. Look forward to seeing some more for Team Hix.

:popcorn:

cagepasser

That was a great read Ron and congratulations for finishing 18th! "in the money" as you said. My family is happy for you and we hope to see you again on Wednesday.

Now I can say that my track coach is an AMA star! You rock Ron - Thanks for sharing your experiences with us... Best of luck as your racing career progresses!

Jeff

ctrank

ronhix;60918 wrote: Teaser vid from on-board cam of the AMA American Superbike race 2...warm up lap.
http://traqmaterental.smugmug.com/gallery/8335261_JW89k/1/558505838_CtFuQ#558505838_CtFuQ-A-LB
Excellent results Ron for your first AMA race! I can't wait to hear all about it.
Now please, more video ..... you can't just stop the clip right when the green flag drops! :meatball:

Edit: I just read your race report Ron. Nice job there too. I had to laugh though when I read this.

ronhix;60918 wrote:

Rain ... wonderful.
I can only imagine your enthusiasm about riding your first AMA race in the rain. Well done my friend!

BillFred

That's great. I liked reading about how your daughter was your umbrella girl. Kind of neat to see "nice family guys" running with the big dogs.

ronhix

Thanks again for all the support from my extended NESBA family!

Here's a nice pic that Mike Nightengale just sent me, trail braking hard into Turn 6. I'm really liking that Dunlop KR106 front tire.

mn-ama-ra.jpg

ctrank

ronhix;61058 wrote:
Here's a nice pic that Mike Nightengale just sent me, trail braking hard into Turn 6. I'm really liking that Dunlop KR106 front tire.
Wow .... look at how much those forks are compressed and the lean angle you are carrying. :wow:

Ron = :adore:

ronhix

ctrank;61064 wrote: Wow .... look at how much those forks are compressed and the lean angle you are carrying. :wow:

Ron = :adore:
And I was way down on corner entry speed compared to the fast guys. There was a lot more grip to be had, I just need to grow into it. :)