Homestead - 18-21 January 2024

18-19 January 2024 with ChampSchool
20-21 January 2024 with N2

Bring your Cuban rumba shirt and your maracas.

Don’t want to drive all that way and fail tech inspection.

jsin38

I like Homestead. Ample parking. Lots of garage space. The southernmost tunnel in the U.S.A is on site and you can't miss it.

Here’s my observation during the four times I’ve ridden Homestead (so, only initial impressions).

The official Homestead policy is “no” and the Homestead map shows the authorized camping spots in the vicinity of Turn 1, Turn 2 and due south. These spots are well outside the gates and, of course, the speedway and garage/paddock areas. There’s also primitive camping right outside the southern gate (Gate #15, IIRC). Lots of late arrivals pull in there so they’re first in line in the morning when the southern gate opens at 06:00.

However, I think the “no inside camping” policy is more strictly enforced during auto racing events when the vehicle footprint in the infield area is substantially larger. Homestead, of course, protects the space for race teams. If they let auto spectators camp inside near the garages, there would be chaos and complaints from the race teams.

At the motorcycle events I’ve been to (FTD, YCRS and N2), the vehicle density has been very modest with huge swaths of infield parking left wide open. I’ve lingered inside Homestead until late and also stayed overnight and never saw any enforcement patrols.

Would a camping tent or a rooftop tent with a living room sprawled out under an awning attract attention? Yes, probably so.

But I’ve seen toyhaulers in the infield go unbothered by the Homestead staff.

I definitely defer to N2’s upperclassmen who have more years at Homestead but as for me, I intend to stay inside and stay incognito about it.

I’ll test things out on 01 December when I ride there with a shop from Pompano Beach (www.pure-ducati.com).

Link to an official map below:

Stickboy274

Tire Guy
I've camped there plenty of times. I have seen them run people out when the track was have different events going on. Example. Friday trackday, with racing that weekend. They made people leave Friday night because they had drag racing on pit lane Friday night. It was just easier for security to protect everything. They didn't let anyone stop or walk over near any trailer that was left over from Friday.

There aren't any showers at the facility that I've found. I have my own shower, so I haven't really looked much.

Polisuzuki

Hello everyone, I'm new to to this forum and also first time riding with N2TD. Im trying to register for the 1/21/24 track day at Homestead speedway in the intermediate class but I can't find that option. I usually ride at homestead with Florida track days in intermediate class and at Barber with Sportbike track time, also in intermediate class. My pace at Homestead is 1:38 1:39. I really don't wanna go to the novice group. What can I do? Can someone help me? I already sent an email to the support team. Thanks

Goodman

Photo-Rider
Hello everyone, I'm new to to this forum and also first time riding with N2TD. Im trying to register for the 1/21/24 track day at Homestead speedway in the intermediate class but I can't find that option. I usually ride at homestead with Florida track days in intermediate class and at Barber with Sportbike track time, also in intermediate class. My pace at Homestead is 1:38 1:39. I really don't wanna go to the novice group. What can I do? Can someone help me? I already sent an email to the support team. Thanks
Email N2 at support@n2td.org and provide them proof of riding experience with other orgs.

tdelegram

Control Rider
I've camped there plenty of times. I have seen them run people out when the track was have different events going on. Example. Friday trackday, with racing that weekend. They made people leave Friday night because they had drag racing on pit lane Friday night. It was just easier for security to protect everything. They didn't let anyone stop or walk over near any trailer that was left over from Friday.

There aren't any showers at the facility that I've found. I have my own shower, so I haven't really looked much.
The smell of used rubber and compressed air, if that doesn't increase your heart rate nothing will.

bossman2022

I forget from last year, but when do they close the gates to be able to get in and set up your camper? I am coming in for Champ School the two days prior. If I recall they closed up kinda early?

Also are we allowed to camp there on the Sunday evening and head out the next day or are they likely to kick us out Sunday evening and I will need to head out somewhere else to camp?

imadraver

Make Every Moment Matter!
Control Rider
For those making Homestead this weekend, know that I'm so jealous. Seriously though, be awesome, have a blast! Weather there looks great. Here in Atlanta, high of 30F-freezing my nuts off (yes I know it's way colder up North but suck it).