homestead ccs

gixercrew

already loaded and heading down to sunny south fla .. to race the last ccs fla region hope some nesbians are going to be there ... wish me luck ...:):wow:

Meat

gixercrew;28281 wrote: already loaded and heading down to sunny south fla .. to race the last ccs fla region hope some nesbians are going to be there ... wish me luck ...:):wow:
Good Luck Andy! Don't eat too much Cuban food before the race. :rolleyes:

kevin

Good Luck

gixercrew;28281 wrote: already loaded and heading down to sunny south fla .. to race the last ccs fla region hope some nesbians are going to be there ... wish me luck ...:):wow:

Andy,

Have a good time and be safe! Hopefully you will have some good weather! I have my bike at GMD and they found out my triple clamps are twisted on my front suspension. I'm getting that replaced, Kent ask me if I wanted to upgrade my suspension and I told him probably not. I need the extra money for track days. Take care and see you later.

gixercrew

well let me tell you how my weekend went .... i got taken out on the first practice session on the back strait at triple digit speeds .... now i have bruised possible fractured ribs and my bike is in s.fla getting straightend out how is that for a bummed weekend ... those guys are nuts down there .. 1st lap n 1st practice 3 guys go down red flag 2nd lap 3 more go down another red flag .. 3rd lap i get slammed on the back straight had to be taken to med center WOW did anybody get the tag of the truck that hit me ??? atleast the guy that hit me came by and said he was sorry and maned up to it now if i could breat and walk right i could feel better ...

Rick Johnson

WOW sorry to hear about you and your bike.I just started racing some this year.I will say there are some sketchy riders that are probally not ready to be racing!

kevin

Sorry to hear about your mishap

Sorry to hear about your mishap. I haven't taken anybody and hopefully I never will. I'm not ready for racing and not sure if I will. Enjoy track day and racing is a dream for me right now, hopefully some day. I have set a goal if I get to advance then I will attempt racing.

I think everybody should build experience on the track and then race. Andy you have experience maybe the other guy didn't. This is just my opinon and no one should take it to heart. You take care of yourself, I say rest at least day or more.
I would say if you have hot tub and beers they work the best. Hopefully your wife went with you. Let us know how your doing and if you need anything.

Meat

Andy,

Dude that blows, in the bad way. Good thing it is the off season, so you won't miss any track days healing up.

Thanks for the update, and let me know how you heal up.

Take care and say hi to your wife and daughter.

gixercrew

thanks guys i am doing better i can walk around now ..hey i was knocked in the head pretty hard i dont remember half the stuff my daughter and nephew say i did on sat after the crash .. but here is my question is it normal to be dizzy 3 days after ? i have never been out from a crash so i am not sure if i have a cuncusion .. i dont have any headaches ... oh btw i entered the middleweight superbike race and i started last but i came in 26 out of 38 entries on sunday in the late afternoon race ever though i couldnt put any weight on my left foot

Motofun352

Control Rider
This thread, and other similar threads regarding crashfests during races has me thinking about what the causes might be....clearly these riders are less crash adverse than me. Are there any statistics like age or years riding/racing? I know when I watch the stunters / extreme riders I am amazed that they aren't in a constant state of being crippled. Are these the type riders (or at least that "no fear" attitude) that are migrating to racing? I guess another alternative would be boomers who see this as their last chance to race and jump in before being prepared....Other speculations?:notsure:

gixercrew

to answer your question i am 37 i have raced before having my license since 1989 .. every yr i raced 3or 4 times untill 2001 when i crashed (my fault ) in the dogleg in daytona and hung up my leathers untill this yr i started doing trackdays and my wife (same person the made me quit in 01 ) urged me to pls go back to racing as it is much safer then street riding ... oh and fyi the guy that t-boned me was an older guy who could have been racing formula 40 ( he was very cool and came over to say he was sorry and see how i was doing ) it was just an accident but it was strang to see so many riders go down in 3 short laps it surely was a crashfest... on the other hand i had a few guys help out getting my bike back together so i could race the following day (special thanks to the guy that straightend out my front brake carriers

Meat

Andy,

GO SEE A DOCTOR! Brain injuries are not a good thing to mess with. Obviously you have something wrong with your brain if you aren't sure to see the doctor or not. Brain damage would suck and preventable brain damage would suck even more.

Go see the doctor, ASAP. Really not something to mess with. Post up after seeing the doctor to let us know how you are doing.

kevin

Concussion

Andy,

This is just my personal experience, make sure you get your advice from the doctor. I had two concussions in my life, wish not. Wasn't right after the first one but really enjoy motorcycles and don't think I will ever give them up. With anything in life you have to accept the bad with the good. Less bad on track versus the street, I ride on the street still but have slowed way down.

I'm by no means that good on a motorcycle but I think i'm better than the average rider, I just have a blast on it. My last concussion wasn't as serious as the first one. You will feel very tired, dizzy, confused, maybe depressed and maybe even see double vision. Also trouble focusing and paying attention. Concussion can't be detected by MRI but it does look at your blood vessels and checks for bleeding, clotting. Your general doctor will make the call, you need a local doctor, not a nurse or paramedic. What I notice is paramedics and emergency room didn't catch my concussion. My local doctor was the only one that knew and I had an idea that there was something wrong because I have been thru it before. First concussion wasn't related to motorcyce crash, I am attempting to become a better rider, ha ha.

Alot of times if your in a severe tumble, a severe body blow can give you a concussion, you don't have to hit your head. If you body hits hard enough you could get concussion from that. If he thinks you have one with his or her series of questions and few basic tests, he or she will give you xrays, MRI and maybe catscan. I had to replace my helmet, look at it for scratches or any damage and replace it.

Concussion is usually temporily but you need to make sure there isn't permanent damage. Big key for me I was extremely tired and dizzy, all I wanted to do is sleep, it took me a month to get over it. Your brain goes in shut down mode, that is why you want to sleep all the time if that your situation. Hang in there and get to the Doctor, glad to here your up and moving around. Probably good idea to stay away from the alcohol if you drink, it will make it worse. Again let us know how your doing and wish you a quick recovery. I know exactly how you feel and definitely relate. Sorry so long, if you get tired of my long posts, just tell me! Did you get an xray of your ribs?

Take care,:)

gixercrew

ok guys here is the scoop i went to the doctor today he says i have a minor cuncusion and a hairline fracture of 1 of my ribs he says i will be fine in a cpl of days from the head but it will be a few weeks for my ribs to 100% ... thanks for all the advice i will be online more then usual since i have to rest as much as possible .... so anybody want to plan a trip to miami for the season opener LMAO j/k i wouldnt want to torture any of you guys here in nesba land

kevin

Andy,

Glad to hear you will do better in a couple days from the minor concussion. Sorry hear about the fracture in your ribs, good thing is your lungs where ok after this. The gear protected you good. At triple digits I am glad to hear you didn't come out worse. The human body is a amazing thing, it starts healing itself right away. After your heal up, don't forget to meet up with me and Jim after the holidays. Later

Meat

Andy,

Good to hear that you got checked out and things weren't too bad. Don't tell the wife it is a "hairline" fracture, you will get more ice cream treats that way. :)

Rick Johnson

Sounds like you might want to stay out of the S Fla races.CMP,VIR, Barber,and Jennings will probally work out better for you.Glad to hear you are going to be ok.;)

weber

I hit my head pretty hard earlier this year (destroyed the helmet) and was told I had a concussion. It took me more than a few days to fully recover -- I'd say it was more like weeks before all the faculties were back to normal (or back to how they were before anyway). Then there was the lost confidence and aggression, which have been even greater obstacles for me. So my point is, I don't think it's uncommon to be foggy and/or not quite right for a while after a concussion.

Good luck,
Erik

gixercrew

well rick the funny thing is i have a credit with ccs now for 3 races since i got sent to the med center and didnt race so somehow i have to go back and collect on some prepaid races ... i wonder how many laps i will get in practice this time LMAO maybe 4 laps .. meat someone forgot to tell the wifey i am banged up she forgot to feed me today .. so i wont even expect any ice cream ... meat what are you and cortney doing for the holidays .. give me a buzz if you dont have any plans .. you guys could come over and celebrate with us

Meat

gixercrew;29059 wrote: meat someone forgot to tell the wifey i am banged up she forgot to feed me today .. so i wont even expect any ice cream ... meat what are you and cortney doing for the holidays .. give me a buzz if you dont have any plans .. you guys could come over and celebrate with us
What is the use of crashing if you don't even get any sympathy from the wife?

During the holidays I was thinking about going to a swingers convention.....but I don't think Courtney is thinking the same thing. :D :wow:

No, really I am probably going to end up working all but 2 days this year. I have a time critical project at work.....and I need the money for our vacation in Feb.

Thanks for the invite though.

Nice to see that CCS liked your crash and want you back for entertainment value. ;-)

gixercrew

your to much .... swingers convention ... courtney would probably make you go just to bust your chops about it later ... well dont say we didnt invite ya ... have a good rest and get some work done to the green thing you ride so we can race some next yr ...