Hot laps from YCRS @ Tbolt

Jiggy

Control Rider
Tommy Aquino was at YCRS?! WTMFF? :banghead: I was sitting in my office when all this was going down, its on the radar for next year.

ScottLevy

Control Rider
This is brilliant. You can see exactly where they're braking :)
Jiggy, this is a great visual aid to add to our discussion at Main a few weeks ago. Awesome.

littlelady

slowpoke;130030 wrote: It give me an idea for just about every turn - I've got to get on the gas and lose the skirt.

lol... lose the skirt huh? Maybe it's what's not under the skirt that's the problem..:notsure:

:D

ToddG

Control Rider
Director
kimmiegrews;130033 wrote: lol... lose the skirt huh? Maybe it's what's not under the skirt that's the problem..:notsure:

Hummmm...... You may have something there Kimmie!!!

He may just Squat when he pees!! :eek:

slowpoke

kimmiegrews;130033 wrote: lol... lose the skirt huh? Maybe it's what's not under the skirt that's the problem..:notsure:

Kimmie - Aren't you bound by some sort of HIPPA guidelines that prevent you from talking about what you saw in my ambulance at Jennings?:doh:

What you see(or don't see:D) in the wagon is supposed to stay in the wagon.

bigkaley

Control Rider
slowpoke;129951 wrote: Pretty sick laps except for a few false neutrals - you can see the great drive he gets from double apexing the left carousel.
Where are you hearing the false neutrals, Chris? Going into T-1? If so, those aren't false neutrals......:wow:

slowpoke

bigkaley;130119 wrote: Where are you hearing the false neutrals, Chris? Going into T-1? If so, those aren't false neutrals......:wow:
Ken had mentioned false neutral @ 2:56 - couldn't tell on the 2nd one b/c i wasn't sure if he just feathered the clutch a bit late.

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
It was really cool to see Ken Hill and Chris Peris dicing it up on the R1s at the end of the day. We were watching from pit road. One time by and Chris had a big gap to Ken. Next lap Ken's in front of Chris. They came in and everybody's like "wow Ken, how'd you catch him?". Chris says "I stood it up and waited for him." Funny stuff. Guess you had to be there.

The YCS really opened my eyes to the capabilities of stock bikes. Plus having Scott Russel and Tommy Aquino pass me on each side going through the long right hander was a moment I'll never forget.

littlelady

Chris.... I'm afraid it would be in your favour if I was refering to the "exposure" in the ambulance---- but as you said, what I saw(or didn't see) in the wagon was to stay in the wagon......

...... I was using your riding as the source :p

bigkaley

Control Rider
slowpoke;130123 wrote: Ken had mentioned false neutral @ 2:56 - couldn't tell on the 2nd one b/c i wasn't sure if he just feathered the clutch a bit late.
Well, obviously since I wasn't there, I'm not sure, but it sounds like he's feathering the clutch out. Since all the instructors were on stock type bikes, one of the typical "mods" the R6 guys do is to the stock slipper clutch springs. Once you start pushing, and going from a long straight like T-bolt into T-1 you're down-shifting quite a few gears. The stock slipper clutches are good, but at their pace, obviously there's limitations. Kinda sounded like he was "Late-feathering" the clutch out to keep the bike under control going into T-1. He did it again the lap after 2:56, but it is kinda hard to tell.

Also, it's so cool to see how "loose" those guys ride!!! Shows us how much the bike can take "moving around" into and out of corners....:wow:

One final note: My one slight "concern" with the "New Line" through the tight L-hander after the long sweeping R-hander is that if anyone is trying an "outside pass" (which is obviously only I-group/ A-group), they're gonna get "punted" by the rider trying the "New Line". Also, if anyone is on the outside with a hand up/ foot out to Pit In, they're gonna also get squeezed by the "New Line".....:notsure:

BigBird

bigkaley;130141 wrote: One final note: My one slight "concern" with the "New Line" through the tight L-hander after the long sweeping R-hander is that if anyone is trying an "outside pass" (which is obviously only I-group/ A-group), they're gonna get "punted" by the rider trying the "New Line". Also, if anyone is on the outside with a hand up/ foot out to Pit In, they're gonna also get squeezed by the "New Line".....:notsure:
bumping is racing :confused:

Matt H

bigkaley;130141 wrote: One final note: My one slight "concern" with the "New Line" through the tight L-hander after the long sweeping R-hander is that if anyone is trying an "outside pass" (which is obviously only I-group/ A-group), they're gonna get "punted" by the rider trying the "New Line". Also, if anyone is on the outside with a hand up/ foot out to Pit In, they're gonna also get squeezed by the "New Line".....:notsure:
Well, we've never before altered the race line due to what other riders are doing. But I understand that this line is a departure from what most riders are doing. I will say this, the way these guys dissect and ride a track is a bit eye-opening. And that line in the long lefthander makes NO sense unless you are braking at lean - this class really opened techniques and reasons with trailbraking. And this corner is an example of an advanced trailbraking technique (even different from the others). But once you have it, it IS faster and that line makes sense. But otherwise, not so much. This is a can of worms of what they were teaching. I highly recommend to everyone taking the class

I must say, the class was awesome, and they are ALL great riders. Many thanks to Chris Peris who really took a lot of time with me. Talking, riding, all of it. I got a lot of one-on-one time with him, and he is an outstanding rider and person. Now if I can only apply it all as well as him.....right.....