How about NESBA update the The Tracks We Ride Page?

RandyO

I purchased an elite membership this year thinking I was going to get to run Mid O and Putnam with NESBA.. well we all know how that went.. Boils down to I bought a membership and wont be riding with NESBA at these tracks (and fuel costs are really putting the hurts on traveling 400+ miles to other tracks)..

Had I known the two tracks were not going to be on the schedule, I likely would have saved my membership money..

Thank you for listening... I now return you to your regularly scheduled programming...

j_fuggin_t

i hear ya but i'm willing to bet our schedule in the midwest will rock next year, however if you use the benefits of the elite membership, it will easily pay for itself, late sign up, weather watching etc..

rk97

The page still needs to be updated. It says NESBA rides at Monticello (which was scheduled, but canceled), Bluegrass (never completed), Portland Raceway, Nelson Ledges, Grattan...

tittys04

Not to pour salt in the wounds, but that's not a "these are the tracks we are riding this year" page, it's tracks that have been ridden. The schedule is the "these are the tracks we are riding this year" page. The tracks on that page may or may not continue to be ridden, and it changes on any given year. Some of the tracks that we are riding this year may not necessarily be on the schedule next year, that's just how it works.

With that said, it's not NESBA's fault that you didn't look at the schedule before paying for the membership. If there was no chance of you riding at any track other than the ones you listed, then there was no reason for you to pay for a membership until those track's dates became available... not a month prior in hopes that they would show up on the schedule.

rk97

I think you're splitting some hairs there, Eric. It's "tracks we ride," not "tracks we've ridden in the past and might ride again."

I think the page is definitely misleading. I know I looked at the 2007 schedule and saw Grattan days listed for like $145, and that is what prompted me to buy a NESBA membership. In December. Before the 2008 schedule was ever posted.

I was actually pretty irritated by that, but the plethora of BeaveRun dates and the handful at Nelson Ledges made it sting a little less. If I made the same mistake today though, there would be 6 tracks within 6 hours of me, but only 2 that NESBA is actually riding this year.

RandyO

j_fuggin_t;194201 wrote: i hear ya but i'm willing to bet our schedule in the midwest will rock next year, however if you use the benefits of the elite membership, it will easily pay for itself, late sign up, weather watching etc..
Yea if I had other tracks within a 4 or 5 hour drive..

NESBA never said a word about the two tracks not being on the schedule this year and really they probably knew something fairly early on...

As it is, I spent money on a membership I can not use at this point. Would have been my third year with NESBA (well I guess technically I am still a member, albeit not very happy or smart about it)

I could go into the ethics of web page design and wording but it would be redundant at this point..

I know the guys work hard at this place but it is still a business of some sort and some up front information would have been really helpful if they knew they were having problems with a couple tracks..

tittys04;194221 wrote:
Not to pour salt in the wounds, but that's not a "these are the tracks we are riding this year" page, it's tracks that have been ridden.
To the contrary.. it is "The Tracks We Ride" not "rode" or am I missing something else?