How can you tell that it's TRACK DAY season! *FUNNY*

stow

cnsmoore;41253 wrote: To think, most of us have never met but were all quite the same!

How about when your driving your cage around because the bike is now dedicated, and you begin to approach every turn thinking about entry speed/braking, hitting the apex, and getting on the throttle (oops I meant gas pedal) just a little quicker.
I thought I was the only one that did this. It drives my wife crazy.

twin ty

You have calendar somewhere that has confirmed and potential trackdays covering the weekends through October.

jaminR6

cnsmoore;41253 wrote: To think, most of us have never met but were all quite the same!

How about when your driving your cage around because the bike is now dedicated, and you begin to approach every turn thinking about entry speed/braking, hitting the apex, and getting on the throttle (oops I meant gas pedal) just a little quicker.
I had to stop doing it with my truck. I was going through to much of my tires and diesel. That money goes to the track:doh::D

buwamd

I've been sitting here with a pencil in hand writing down every lie I will have to give my wife 1 day before every trackday this summer. I have been doing this for many many years because I have missed her bithday 5 times our aniversary 6 times and our daughters bithday 2 times not to mention many what she calls 'special occasions'. when I get the call from my second family, ie:bike crew, the tires go on and out the door I go. I need three more lies anybody have anything good? ps my mother has already died 5 times so I can't use it anymore

steph1000

buwamd;41338 wrote: I've been sitting here with a pencil in hand writing down every lie I will have to give my wife 1 day before every trackday this summer. I have been doing this for many many years because I have missed her bithday 5 times our aniversary 6 times and our daughters bithday 2 times not to mention many what she calls 'special occasions'. when I get the call from my second family, ie:bike crew, the tires go on and out the door I go. I need three more lies anybody have anything good? ps my mother has already died 5 times so I can't use it anymore
dont you have to work on sundays and some saturdays this summer???:)

buwamd

not on the trackday dates, and only if the money is really good... see unlike you I make cash only on weekends bud have fun payin the taxes

zangman

13. The UPS guys asks "what is in the box" and after I open it he stays to watch me install the Ixil exhaust on my 675.

14. The pregnant wife says WTF when she see the pocket sportbike with the itty-bitty leathers and helmet.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
lemondrop;41277 wrote: i lean a little bit around every right turn....in my jeep

I found myself last Summer at Six Flags trying to stick my knee out going through the turns on the roller coasters.

It's just a reflex now.

:dunno:

jls223

Have you ever opened your drivers side window so you can get more lean angle in a left turn and not hit your head? :eek:

xlink

my girlfriend says I smell like a "motorcycle" - it is the fusion vapors of gasoline, oil, brake fluid, wd40, chain lube, carb cleaner, etc.

rcr14

#??. with only weeks before first t/d you start major repairs needed from last season:banghead:

xlink

I live in Chicago and have a detached garage with no insulation whatsoever (it's more like a big shed with a garage door). it's been in the single digits there for weeks at a time, so the off-season is truly OFF for me. I pulled the suspension and flat-slides out in the fall, drained the gas tank and replaced the water with antifreeze. I'm supposed to get my suspension and carbs back in a week or so and I'm itching to put it together again.
I hope that explains my girlfriend's comment :)

jls223

xlink;41580 wrote: my girlfriend says I smell like a "motorcycle" - it is the fusion vapors of gasoline, oil, brake fluid, wd40, chain lube, carb cleaner, etc.

That's the new Cologne from Ben Spies.

It's called "eau de bike".

It makes everything you ride a screamer
. ;)

aowens2

D-Zum;41385 wrote: I found myself last Summer at Six Flags trying to stick my knee out going through the turns on the roller coasters.

It's just a reflex now.

:dunno:

:haha: That shit ain't no joke!!!! :haha:

smack28752

- Desperately trying to figure out how to lose 10 lbs so I can get into those new leathers I bought (same size as the old ones - new found middle over the winter).

- Figuring out how to tell my wife I bought new leathers! :eek:

rbm822

ROFL I do this too!! I'm glad someone else does it I thought I was the only one...lol My wife is always yelling at me that "this is not a bike!!!" lol

cnsmoore

rbm822;41749 wrote: ROFL I do this too!! I'm glad someone else does it I thought I was the only one...lol My wife is always yelling at me that "this is not a bike!!!" lol
Yeah, or how about...."SLOW! down, your not a f-in racer on the NESBA circuit!!!":(