How did you mount your spare tires?

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
Trying to get some ideas from those of you that have mounted your spare set of motorcycle tires in your trailer. Any feedback is much appreciated!! If you have pics please post them...Thanks in advance!

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
I forgot to add both with the rims and tires with the tires mounted. Thanks

matt2212

Never mind, I read wrong thought you where asking about trailer spares...

My spare set of wheels are tied to some d rings along the wall

It works but a better solution is out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
No you are correct, I'm asking about motorcycle wheels & tires. maybe it's the way I asked the question...

matt2212

No it's me speed reading on my phone..

As I said I use d rings and a pice of parachute cord around 1 spoke and back to the d ring

It works and holds the wheel flush to the wall but I'm sure there are better ways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
Vinny, I have e-rail in my trailer and I fabricated a mount to hold them. I started with an e-rail clip, which looks like this:
e-track.jpg

I then cut a piece of pipe that is very close in diameter to my wheel axles. I had to cut out a small section at the end of the pipe so it would slide over the e-rail clip and then welded the two together. In the picture above, using the orientation that it is currently, the pipe would slide over the top and go vertical from there.

The pipe is just long enough to extend past the wheel so I can put an r-clip through a hole I drilled. Now, I have e-rail throughout the trailer and I can mount the wheel wherever I choose. I even mounted a couple small pieces in my garage so I can hang them in there over the winter. Pretty simple and really cheap.

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
R1Baby;270489 wrote: Thunderace, where did you get those e-rail clips, I have only seen them on straps.
Chris, if you need some let me know. We have old straps that don't work, so I just cut them off. Also, you should be able to find them on eBay.

Dave561

Control Rider
Pipe flange mounted to the wall and an 18" by 1/2" threaded pipe. Mount the flangr to the wall and the pipe. Slide rim on and mark. Cut the piece and use the other threaded end for the other wheel. Finish by drilling a hole for a safety pin and done. Under $20 and never had an issue.

R1Baby

Control Rider
Thunderace;270689 wrote: Chris, if you need some let me know. We have old straps that don't work, so I just cut them off. Also, you should be able to find them on eBay.
Ok, good to know. And in fact I did find a place that sells them.

Twiztedjester55

Dave561;270759 wrote: Pipe flange mounted to the wall and an 18" by 1/2" threaded pipe. Mount the flangr to the wall and the pipe. Slide rim on and mark. Cut the piece and use the other threaded end for the other wheel. Finish by drilling a hole for a safety pin and done. Under $20 and never had an issue.
This is the same set up I was referring to when I mentioned Kubrickys earlier. Simple, easy to use and cheap.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
Twiztedjester55;270846 wrote: This is the same set up I was referring to when I mentioned Kubrickys earlier. Simple, easy to use and cheap.
Gotta thanks JJ...