How have you been preparing for the 2013 season?

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
In addition to getting the bike ready, I've been doing some work on the tow truck and trailer. It's an area I think gets passed up too often. So far, I've gotten just about every fluid changed in the truck. I was surprised to see the gear oil in the axles wasn't too bad at 120k miles. It looked too clean, I'm guessing the previous owner had it changed at least once. The transfer case, however...wow. Like most, it takes ATF, and it was BLACK! Not the light pink it should be. It was bad enough that I might only run it another 10-15k and change it again. It had to be original fluid, and the truck is a 2004... No metal chunks or big flakes, but just really, really bad. Had the transmission flushed, which really smoothed out the shifting. The coolant was changed when the water pump was replaced. Only have the brake fluid and power steering fluid left to change. Other than that, I think I'll be good. :) Going to pull a trailer tire and have a look at the wheel bearings, but I think they'll be just fine.

The new (To me) R6 is coming along great. Really only going to need track plastics very soon.

I'm anxious to hear Billy's voice over the loud speaker.... "First call, first call 10 minutes..."

:tothetrack:

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
That's good info and can sometimes be over looked, I know PT goes unsaid being a Jarhead in all...:D

ridelater

gym for now, and once march rolls around dirt bike comes out until the first track day to get cardo shape. also some trailer overhaul, adding a a/c unit, mini frig, micowave bolted in.

HokieRider

ive been through the R6 basically end to end, new fluids all the way around, and inspecting EVERYTHING.

Got a few upgrades in gear, including a set or warmers.

I cant wait to hit the track again

ramoszx12

Bike is ready have spare parts and body works. shoulder is 90% i am ready for 2013. oh sholder is as good as is going to get.

motorkas

I think this is the first year I've really "prepared for" the up coming season:
bought a trailer
New set of leathers (old ones were too constricting with the additional protection underneath)
Track plastics
Spare gloves/helmet
Tool set just for the track
Completed mods on bike
Pre-paid 8 track days
Already put in vacation days for the weekday sessions
Doing a combo of weights, yoga, cardio and stretching
Also been working on body positioning on the bike on stands in the garage:).

Still on the list:
Get clips ons to make it easier to switch out in the case of damage
Same on spare rearset parts (still have the stock levers so those should be good).
Getting the sag set on the new suspension.

Other than that, just need it to get warmer now. . .!!!!!!!!

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Just finished 1 hour 10 minutes on my Trek Madone 4.5 ten-speed mounted in my Cyclops trainer while watched the last hour of Die Hard.

vice

1. replace my fork tubes

2. refresh my rear shock

3. switch out my super corsa's for gpa 211's (trying to figure out which I like more. I loved the super corsa's but want to try something new)

4. grease everything

5. check valves

6. Get my suspension tuned, and decide if I want a new spring on my rear shock.

(well actually this is my list of what I have to do)

Jiggy

Control Rider
I normally play PS3 the whole off season until 3 days before the first event. Then I pay ridiculous amounts of money to ship overnight early am delivery for parts i need to put on the bike the night before I leave.

Evil Cupcake

Control Rider
^^^hope that knee looks better than those pics months ago Judy.

I have made good time of the off season......Been in physical therapy for a broken talus, scope to remove the fragments of my tibia and cartilage in my right ankle.

Got the bike a new Ohlins triple shock and Ohlins front forks. Wrapped the lowers which got rashed and a new rearset.

Been hitting the spin bike classes and rowing machine for cardio now that I can walk right.

cyclox

Bubba Zanetti;263970 wrote: From a fellow 2T guy, that is not the expected answer :p.

BZ
Well, the sibling of my RS125 came up for sale and I figured they'd be happier reunited. Bike arrives sometime next week from WA. Then, I'm one engine rebuild away from being ready to race.

cyclox;263975 wrote: Well, the sibling of my RS125 came up for sale and I figured they'd be happier reunited. Bike arrives sometime next week from WA. Then, I'm one engine rebuild away from being ready to race.
Thats the right answer LOL!

Hey, as a side note Russ Hoffman said you may be or thought about letting your TZ125 go. If so I know a guy in the market for one.

BZ

j_fuggin_t

a few bike upgrades, new bodywork, refilling the spare bucket, powdercoated green wheels & just picked myself up a Road Bike for training

racerx69

Fluids, cleaning, hard parts all done. Need to do sag and order track plastics. Cant wait for warm weather!!!!

JBZ1k

New Vesrah pads
MkII Ttx shock
30mm cartridges
Engine cases
Rearsets
Clip ons
Spare bars and grips
Stomp grips (thx chuck)
Maybe PC V to fix dead spot.
Grease chassis
Added Chuck G. to my bank account
Rebuilding trailer hubs
Fixing rooftop a/c
Rewire trailer A/C, lights, plugs

I bribed my wife to get all this by agreeing to buy her a sewing machine!!
(She sucks at negotiating) Lol I just need to make an all in one treadmill,stair climber, sewing machine because these things get bought and sit unused for years!!!

Now to build cardio and stock up on tires because its going to be on this year!

DUG

Where to start...

Bought new bike to replace the two that were stolen-2012 ZX6R ...:banghead:
Broke bike in.
Installed:
WC rearsets
Yosh case savers
Motion Pro quick turn throttle
OES spools front/reaer
Exhaust
Annitori quickshifter
Saftey wired the important bits
Set supension

backordered- Kendon trailer

Workout- 5 days a week split- cardio/ weights.