How Many Horsepower does your bike make?

Slowninja

I was reading some posts and got wondering if some of you guys have ex-superbikes or supersport bikes. Just thought it would be fun to see all of the different bikes and what they dyno'd at the wheel. Post up your year, model, mods if you like and power at the wheel. DISCLAIMER: Yes i know power has nothing to do with going fast, it's just for fun!

I will go first, yes, the power is mind blowing, LOL

1999 Kawasaki ZX-6R
Full exhaust, K&N filter, Jetted
95.9 HP on a Dynojet

mattf

The magazines say that my 04 R1 makes about a thousand millioon horsepower. I better get it looked at, because I was getting passed last week at NJMP. Gotta be something wrong with the bike..........

Slowninja

mattf;92765 wrote: The magazines say that my 04 R1 makes about a thousand millioon horsepower. I better get it looked at, because I was getting passed last week at NJMP. Gotta be something wrong with the bike..........
nice post :rolleyes:

JonnyZ!

DB_ZX10r;92861 wrote: You may want to have that dyno calibrated :D
Yeah........I know.........

My a$$ dyno is notoriously off some 10%-15%

On the Fat side :doh:

Prolly making around 65 true but if I accept that .......I go slower :notsure:

dj life

Wish I had the ability to use it all but sadly I don't:eek:

06 GSXR 1000 Jordan Motorsports Superstock raced by Jake Holden = right around 192 - 195 at the wheel on C-12 race fuel. When I ran it on the original U4 it probably was doing a little more... It's actually really hard to keep it under control. It wants to wheelie or spin the back tire alot:wow:

Slowninja

dj life;92869 wrote: Wish I had the ability to use it all but sadly I don't:eek:

06 GSXR 1000 Jordan Motorsports Superstock raced by Jake Holden = right around 192 - 195 at the wheel on C-12 race fuel. When I ran it on the original U4 it probably was doing a little more... It's actually really hard to keep it under control. It wants to wheelie or spin the back tire alot:wow:
Damn, that must be a monster.

Yeah, i would also like to know what is done to that 600 kawi to make 138 at the wheel!

rk97

2003 600RR - the PO claimed 104.5 rwhp when he had it on the dyno.

full Arata exhaust, Power commander, but tuned for 87 octane (allegedly).

why you buy a $400+ exhaust, but won't spend the extra $.30/gallon for 92 octane is beyond me, but that's what the previous owner said...

i haven't bothered with having it tuned or re-mapped yet. it's still faster than the F2 ever was :p

rk97

not to be a buzz-kill on the thread, but aren't dyno's pretty imprecise?

the same bike can register 110hp on one dyno, and 117 on another. That's not to say the dyno is 'wrong,' but it's only accurate as a measuring tool for change. so if i put my bike on one dyno and measure a baseline run of 100hp, and then tune the bike until my it makes 114hp, I would believe that i gained 14 horsepower total, but not that the starting or ending numbers were really that accurate. Could just has easily have been 98 to start and 112 to finish, or even further 'off.'

assuming that logic is correct, comparing hp numbers from different dyno's is somewhat futile. unless I put my bike on the same dyno yours just came off of, we won't be speaking the same language. Even then, i wouldn't take the numbers as gospel - it would only prove which bike is more or less powerful than the other.

besides, shedding (rider) weight is cheaper than gaining horespower :)

dlockhart5x

JonnyZ!;92868 wrote: Yeah........I know.........

My a$$ dyno is notoriously off some 10%-15%

On the Fat side :doh:

Prolly making around 65 true but if I accept that .......I go slower :notsure:
If your TZ is only making 65, you need to fire your tuner. :haha:

I wanna get a Zeeltronics programmable ignition and PV controller for the cup bike, then take it to Micah at AF1 for some dyno loving. Maybe then downhill with a tailwind, 70hp on rocket fuel.

motogypsy

rugbymook;92887 wrote: How are you getting 138hp out of your ZX6?
yeah, i would like that info also...that is near the world superstock numbers isnt it...arent they running low 140's?,

and I believe the new Moto 2 GP 600's are supposed to be 150...

JonnyZ!

dlockhart5x;92952 wrote: If your TZ is only making 65, you need to fire your tuner. haha

Shhhhhhhhh don't wanna let the cat too far out of the bag :)

This is what I really want
Sabre250_aprilia1.jpg
Sabre250_aprilia2.jpg

Team Sabre Sport 250 Aprilia upgraded to 2008

2008 OHLINS Suspension
Full data recording
Spare Engine

Many Spares (list available)

Price: euro € 55.000

Just a little short this month:dunno:

RCM78

My '05R1 made 172 on a factory pro eddie current dyno after installing a full TiForce system, PCIII, and dyno tune. It made 155 on the same dyno bone stock. My biggest concern was eliminating the dip in power at 7k. The torque curve is nice and flat, HP curve climb's with no dips.