how much air hose to carry ?

toptaz1000rr

how much air hose do you guys bring with you ? ??? ? is 50 enouh? is 150 too much ? ??..

how much air hose to carry ?

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
I have about 2 feet. It's connected to the tank that I sit next to the tire. Unless you plan on having air for the entire paddock, just enough to make it to your bike from you source is enough.

toptaz1000rr

i am mounting my compressor in side my trailer so i dont have to carry it in and out and such .. so i was wondering ....

thank you though ...

TheGrouch

Huh? What would you need 50+ feet of hose for?

Edit: There is no right answer, as there are a bunch of variables in question:

- Where is your bike?
- Where is your trailer?
- Would you rather drag the hose out and then have to wind it all up?
- Or would you rather bring your bike to the trailer?
- Would you rather move the truck and trailer closer to the bike?
- Would you prefer to say to hell with the whole compressor and push your bike to Turn One and ask the boys for some air?
- Perhaps you could get by just bringing a bicycle pump?

Oh hell, just go buy 400' of the best hose you can buy and the rest of us can leave our compressors at home.

toptaz1000rr

TheGrouch;37098 wrote: Huh? What would you need 50+ feet of hose for?

Edit: There is no right answer, as there are a bunch of variables in question:

- Where is your bike?
- Where is your trailer?
- Would you rather drag the hose out and then have to wind it all up?
- Or would you rather bring your bike to the trailer?
- Would you rather move the truck and trailer closer to the bike?
- Would you prefer to say to hell with the whole compressor and push your bike to Turn One and ask the boys for some air?
- Perhaps you could get by just bringing a bicycle pump?

Oh hell, just go buy 400' of the best hose you can buy and the rest of us can leave our compressors at home.

point is made... lol
i am thinking like 50... in case i have to top off the trail /truck tires... keep in mind i am mounting (not removable) the compressor in the trailer..

gkotlin

Wait.... That should be farther away right? Far is a distance, so it's farther.

If you have my luck, your hose will always be to short.

Hmmm That doesn't sound right either.

No. I'm right. Because the ladies always pit farther away from me then the guys. Yeah. That sounds better.

riddler

Is there some other use for the compressor other than filling the tires? I bought one of those canisters-much lighter to carry around than a compressor. I got it at walmart for $20. I bring it with me to every track day filled to 100 psi. It gets very little use as I overfill my tires to 35 psi at home then bleed them down to track pressures in the morning. It basically is there for tweaks and to loan out to those in need. My .02

toptaz1000rr

riddler;37374 wrote: Is there some other use for the compressor other than filling the tires? I bought one of those canisters-much lighter to carry around than a compressor. I got it at walmart for $20. I bring it with me to every track day filled to 100 psi. It gets very little use as I overfill my tires to 35 psi at home then bleed them down to track pressures in the morning. It basically is there for tweaks and to loan out to those in need. My .02
nope thats it ... just for the tires on the bike..its a small one igot for holidays as a gift and my 1000w geny will turn it over .. so im happy :)

JRSMAIL

gkotlin;37109 wrote: Wait.... That should be farther away right? Far is a distance, so it's farther.

If you have my luck, your hose will always be to short.

Hmmm That doesn't sound right either.

No. I'm right. Because the ladies always pit farther away from me then the guys. Yeah. That sounds better.
Greg you married or single, either way it explains why you come up short...:flipoff:

physicistkev

Control Rider
As far as other uses go... I changed a clutch trackside once (50mm nut that requires an air gun) and changing sprockets I could imagine using it.

:dunno:

There is also using the air to clean out carbs (jets and such), but most of you wouldn't know about that :)

physicistkev

Control Rider
barry38;37454 wrote: What's a carb and these jets of which you speak??????????:p
Rube Goldberg device for delivering a very inaccurate amount of fuel and air into the combustion chamber.:doh: