How much different is CCS vs WERA?

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
So, it looks like I'm headed to Tampa, and from the looks of it, much more racing available with CCS than WERA. Just seeing if there's much difference between them or not. Any kind of feedback would be great. :)

Unfortunately, being in Tampa is going to really cut back on the NESBA attendance... :doh:

Rmcaninch600

Control Rider
not to much of a difference between the two they each have their pros and cons. CCS allows you to use after market ,master cylinders ,slipper clutches and double bubbles in super sport WERA doesn't. WERA's tech is much more strict and require more saftey wiring which is good and bad depending how you look at it. CCS tech is joke basically all they care about is that you have your stickers on. CCS has more racers which means if you podium you'll get your contingency but it will be a lot harder to podium. I think WERA is run better than CCS but thats just my opinion. WERA also has online registration CCS only has fax/ snail mail. CCS grids are based on the order you register for the race WERA grids are based on your point standings. CCS doesn't have 40 vintage races so there are more races for modern bikes including ASRA pro races which have cash prizes

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Rmcaninch600;272009 wrote: not to much of a difference between the two they each have their pros and cons. CCS allows you to use after market ,master cylinders ,slipper clutches and double bubbles in super sport WERA doesn't. WERA's tech is much more strict and require more saftey wiring which is good and bad depending how you look at it. CCS tech is joke basically all they care about is that you have your stickers on. CCS has more racers which means if you podium you'll get your contingency but it will be a lot harder to podium. I think WERA is run better than CCS but thats just my opinion. WERA also has online registration CCS only has fax/ snail mail. CCS grids are based on the order you register for the race WERA grids are based on your point standings. CCS doesn't have 40 vintage races so there are more races for modern bikes including ASRA pro races which have cash prizes
Perfect...just what I was looking for. Thanks!

:tothetrack:

ERB68

Twiztedjester55;272311 wrote: WERA does allow double bubbles now, also if I recall CCS uses different Transponders now that you need to purchase.
Yes and Yes.

The new transponder for CCS is only $80 but it is disposable after a couple years when the battery dies.

dbakerpa

There are also a few more lightweight races in CCS. Both are fun. You see most of the same people at both. WERA is a bit more expensive.

Kruizen

Control Rider
I'm going to revive this thread. Been comparing the 2 organizations, and have done 1 weekend with wera, and will probably do 1 more weekend with wera this year if weather permits. But am heavily thinking about switching for next year-based on track schedule for mid-Atlantic regions.

Comparing the 2 orgs it does appear that ccs has bigger grids.
There seems to be better vendor support at ccs
Wera has online race registration (which is nice)

Maybe Knut can chime in as he has run ccs this year. Anyone run both orgs this year to add more comparison points.

mmmfishrighton

Control Rider
I will bite. I ran the Southeast region with CCS this year. Started racing with Wera last year but only ran two races. Also, ran the VIR round with Wera this year.

CCS does seem to have bigger grids for whatever reason. I dont really know. Wera requires more things to be wired, which I happen to like. People think Wera's tech is much more stringent but its only a few extra things to be wired. With Wera you only have to take your belly pan off and bring your helmet to tech. CCS requires you to remove your belly pan and bring it with you along with your helmet, gloves, and boots. Big pain in the arse carrying all that around.

One thing I cant stand about CCS is that they grid the races based on preregistration then registration not points like Wera. So you get a bunch of people that probably shouldnt be in the front of the grid which can cause problems in my opinion.

They both have their pluses and minuses. I just wire my bike to Wera's tech requirements then race them both. The more racing the better.

If I had to pick one, it would probably be Wera but I do like the CCS schedule better for this region.

Kruizen

Control Rider
Thanks for the reply.

Hadn't thought about the difference in gridding, by registration versus points.

I ran wera at vir also. But I also do like the look of the ccs schedule for the mid-Atlantic.

I'm really just fishing right now, since the seasons pretty much over.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Kruizen;290301 wrote: Thanks for the reply.

Hadn't thought about the difference in gridding, by registration versus points.

I ran wera at vir also. But I also do like the look of the ccs schedule for the mid-Atlantic.

I'm really just fishing right now, since the seasons pretty much over.
I'll see what you guys do. I haven't even looked at CCS's schedule for 2014. It would be cool to run NJMP.

And pre registering with CCS puts me closer to the front of the grid...about the best position I'd ever get in a race. LOL :haha:

USMC_10

Racing CCS at NJMP is about as close to an AMA race you can get without being an AMA racer. During the September CCS race weekend at Thunderbolt we were seeing the top guys running 1:26-27s. If you weren't running 1:30 or better you were back of the pack. It didn't help that they raced amateur and expert together. What's up with that!? I'm not sure I'd want to subject myself to that, but Otto Man you are a "hard charger" so maybe you like thrashing yourself in that kind of environment! Hehe.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
USMC_10;290577 wrote: Racing CCS at NJMP is about as close to an AMA race you can get without being an AMA racer. During the September CCS race weekend at Thunderbolt we were seeing the top guys running 1:26-27s. If you weren't running 1:30 or better you were back of the pack. It didn't help that they raced amateur and expert together. What's up with that!? I'm not sure I'd want to subject myself to that, but Otto Man you are a "hard charger" so maybe you like thrashing yourself in that kind of environment! Hehe.
I ain't skeered. :D

I do get faster by riding with (OK, OK, getting passed by) faster riders.

WERA races experts and novices also, but I guess technically they're separate because they do a 2-wave start, giving the experts a 10-15 second head start before the yellow plates.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
I'm going to give CCS a try next year, I've never raced but I hear it's a blast.

Kruizen

Control Rider
Some of the races I was in, it was experts upfront and novices a couple of rows back, but we all started I the same wave.

Really thinking about ccs next year. But have to finish this year first;)

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
mmmfishrighton;290689 wrote: Any of you fruitcakes going to Barber at the end of the month?
Nope. That's a lot of gas and time off work. Can't make it happen.

Going to try and hit every MA round next year.