How to find the best rear set location?

CaseyAlbert

My bike is a 2017, so your RR might be different. Right out of the Rider Manual.
I don't recall, but it appears that there was no adjustment necessary.
I am only speaking of the RR, no knowledge of the XR. Hope this helps.
Screen Shot 2023-08-09 at 6.28.52 PM.jpeg

bossman2022

Yeah, you are right. I checked my manual and it says the same. Interesting.

I wonder why they say it is not legal to ride GP shift on the road? Lots of folks do that?

CaseyAlbert

I just looked at your photo. I think I might have adjusted the "travel rods" that extend from the "quick shifter" actuator. I don't think I would change the position of the actuator shaft on the splines.......

On second thought, I just went and looked at my bike. It appears that the shifting input shaft "lever" had about a 90 degree angle when in the original position. I "think" you can adjust it to get the "pedal" in the position you want.

CaseyAlbert

Yeah, you are right. I checked my manual and it says the same. Interesting.

I wonder why they say it is not legal to ride GP shift on the road? Lots of folks do that?
Makes no sense whatsoever! I guess they just don't want a thief to get hurt should they decide to steal your bike.....

bossman2022

Right, I think so also. You can probably either move it a spline or two to get the shifter where you want, or you can adjust the length of the rods. I will do that to make sure it's still in the position I want once Is switch it.

Makes no sense whatsoever! I guess they just don't want a thief to get hurt should they decide to steal your bike.....
Haha! Too funny.