How well do you like the Pitbull TRS?

Psychoholic

So a few (dozens of) threads and pictures show a bunch of people using Pitbull TRS on their trailers and similar products. Do you really not have to strap the bike down when it's in the pins? How about taking the restraint brackets back off of the trailer when you're not using them? Are they terribly intrusive when installed? How are the competitors products? Are there any direct rivals that are just as good?

I probably spend as much time strapping the bike(s) into the trailer as I do getting it ready and I would LOVE to save some time by not having to do that.

I'd love to get some feedback on them from those who have used them.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
There is absolutely NO comparison..the TRS is THE way to go..THE system to get.

The mounting plate bolts into the floor..the brackets lock into it..and come out very easily.

You'll never strap anything down again and it gives your trailer more room for stuff and moving around because you don't have to make room for the straps adjusting your other cargo around them.

And, you buy it once..and you're pretty much set for life...buy a different bike..$80 for the correct pin set and you're good to go.

Load your bike...have someone with a stop watch time you on how long it takes you to load your bike into the trailer and strap it down. Have him or her report the time used...then once you have the TRS..subtract ALL that time from your total loading up time because that's how much time you're going to save with the TRS. So you'll be on the road to or from your destination all that much quicker.

12v_dub

45 seconds to secure one bike. having a peace of mind straps on the bike didn't come loose and bike tipped over is priceless. Best mod I have ever done as far as hauling bikes.

/THREAD

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Agreed, awesome product! I only wish it were invented when I started doing trackdays. I tied down the traditional way for years. When the Pitbull TRS came out, I got it. Works great, no compression/load on the suspension, don't have to worry about straps coming loose.

2blueyam

I had an Strapless Transport Stand (STS) that I used for a few years to get to the track. I used that and a new Pit Bull on my open trailer to get my street and track bike from Wisconsin out to Virginia. I put the Pit Bull in my new enclosed trailer. I sold the STS and got a chock for a guest bike.

There is no comparison. There are pictures of bikes hanging upside down in rolled over enclosed trailers hanging from the TRS. When the brackets are out, what is left is just a couple of plates with some small stuff sticking up. The brackets are easy to remove, but I usually don't even bother. One of the things you didn't ask about was single person loading and unloading. This is where it really helps out. Two people can tie down a bike fairly easily and quickly with practice, but doing it solo is way easier with the TRS.

Some people put a strap or just a bungee on the front wheel to keep it from hopping around. Maybe not a bad idea if you are packing stuff in close to the front wheel.

MANIX

Control Rider
Hands down the way to go! When leaving, from the time I pull off the track to the road 20 min. That great if you have a long drive home.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
They are freaking sweet. I did NOT like buying three of them for my bikes at about $285 a piece, but man are they worth it. You'll see guys at the track days loading the bikes up at the end of the day using canyon dancers or the like. They start before me, I load the bike and done, they are still strapping down the bike, and I'm mostly finished packing EVERYTHING in the trailer by the time they got finished with just the bike.

One thing I always hated about canyon dancers is that usually the rachet strap mechanism fills up with too much strap, because you have to ratchet them so much to compress the forks enough to secure the bikes. Real pain in the ass.

Psychoholic

Otto Man;277953 wrote: They are freaking sweet. I did NOT like buying three of them for my bikes at about $285 a piece, but man are they worth it. You'll see guys at the track days loading the bikes up at the end of the day using canyon dancers or the like. They start before me, I load the bike and done, they are still strapping down the bike, and I'm mostly finished packing EVERYTHING in the trailer by the time they got finished with just the bike.

One thing I always hated about canyon dancers is that usually the rachet strap mechanism fills up with too much strap, because you have to ratchet them so much to compress the forks enough to secure the bikes. Real pain in the ass.
My wife likes to give me a rash of shit about how long I spend putting the bikes on the trailer. Even with loops or handlebar straps etc.. I probably spend a good 30 minutes securing the bikes, checking, wiggling, testing, tightening, blah blah.

12v - I'll hit you up, that sounds like a fine plan.

some guy #2

I had a Condor and my friends have Strapless stands and I've done the whole cheap wheel chock and ratchet straps dance for a few years.

I love my TRS's (both of them) but honestly I loved my Condor/Baxley just as much if not more. With the TRS I have to line up the rear wheel pretty much spot on which takes a couple tries and picking the back end of the the bike up to get it in the slots. I loved being able to drive the bike into the chock regardless of which way it pointed.

Two straps (or one) for the rear of the bike to keep it from hopping around and it was solid for any trip. I do love for the TRS that it's no straps and you just lock it in and pin it.

Swinging the TRS up is a kind of precarious issue since I have to steady the bike with one hand and reach all the way down behind the rear wheel to grab the bungee and hook it to the bike.

I also like the Condor for use in my garage since I didn't need to carry my stands with me and the bike the entire time (no kickstand).

GixerEd1

I'm a stickler for product quality, performance and value. I'm starting trackdays late this year, but I just ordered the Pit Bull TRS to trailer my bike to/from the various northeast tracks. I do A LOT of research before I drop good money on something, and I don't mind paying a premium when I believe the product is worth that premium.

So in all my research, I believe the Pit Bull TRS hits my three criteria:

> Product Quality = built to last a lifetime and can take whatever you can throw at it.

> Product Performance = easy to install, easy to use (by one person), does exactly what it says it was made to do, and no more straps or anything else needed (ever!).

> Product Value = being able to load/unload your trackbike quickly and easily, the time and energy saved, plus not having to worry about your trackbike coming loose and falling over or off the trailer IS PRICELESS!!!

I should be receving my TRS by today and will be using it for NJMP Thunderbolt at the end of this month. I would be supremely disappointed if the TRS didn't meet (or even exceed) my expectations (based on my research), but I'm confident I will be happy as hell with it.

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
Rule for your bike hitching a ride in my trailer - you need to bring TRS pins with you.

I have a 14 foot garage and am capable of putting 5 bikes in there with pit bull's TRS. Along with all gear, boxes, fans, coolers, EZups...pretty much everything....AND STILL have a place to walk through if I need to get something on the way down to whatever track.

Besides good protective gear, it may be one (well, I have 4 of them) products I have every purchased for the bike/track. Why the Fark do I have four? After I bought my first one, I bought them for my street bikes as well, since we will go camping somewhere and take the bikes.

mjkuhno

+1 BIGTIME for Pit Bull and their TRS.

Bought one for my Triumph and the new trailer. Didn't realize that the LighTech axle adjusters I put on the bike a few years ago made the outside points of the axle blocks wider than stock. I reached out to PitBull and they bent over backwards to make sure I had everything I needed to make things work. They were great - can't say enough good things about them.

And the product works very well too. Had a Baxley in my previous trailer which I loved (kept it for working on the bike in the garage when not on stands) but the TRS is even better. Definitely the way to go.

nroussin

Best invention ever, I was a nervous wreck the first time I used it. I drug the bike and trailer about 1,000 miles round trip and the TRS worked flawlessly. No ratchet straps again for this guy!

Twiztedjester55

9mmkungfu;277980 wrote: Just out of curiosity, is anyone running their TRSs in a pickup bed?
A buddy of mine has a couple trs plates in his toyhauler and has an extra plate in the bed of his pick up when he needs to move the bike without using the trailer. works fine.

TimW

+1 to the awesome column
I use one and am quite happy w/ it. I do usually add a strap to the frame just to snug it in for that OCD part of my personality.:dunno:
Also the Baxley option is good; allows the flexibility to haul in a truck without extra hardware...