How well do you like the Pitbull TRS?

Psychoholic

Well, you guys convinced me. I just ordered one for the track bike and an extra plate so I can mount one off to the side and one in the middle (1 and 2 bike configuration). Also hit up one of my buddies who I'll be probably doing a bunch of track days with and encouraged him to do the same so we can quit f'ing around with straps.

dbarufaldi

I agree that the TRS is a very solid solution, but not the right solution for every situation. I have an enclosed trailer, and am constantly changing the configuration of the bikes I haul depending on who is coming with me. I use custom chocks in e-track. Once chocks are in place for a trip, I can ride my bike into the trailer and have it tied down in probably under 45 seconds. No fiddling around with alignment, no problems with holding the bracket up in the back, etc.

Ruhe52

Psychoholic;277994 wrote: Well, you guys convinced me. I just ordered one for the track bike and an extra plate so I can mount one off to the side and one in the middle (1 and 2 bike configuration). Also hit up one of my buddies who I'll be probably doing a bunch of track days with and encouraged him to do the same so we can quit f'ing around with straps.
Your fork seals with thank you for it.

Motofun352

Control Rider
The Pit Bull TRS is one of the very few items that I've never heard a negative review of. What other products can you say that about?

dj life

The only thing I recommend is on the under side of the trailer where you will be mounting the plates I would put in metal strips about 2-3" wide and the width of the plate, drill through them as well. Kinda of like making a trailer sandwich :) I did it on my trailer so that I would never have to worry about the wood flooring ever giving way.

cartmen34

dj life;278054 wrote: The only thing I recommend is on the under side of the trailer where you will be mounting the plates I would put in metal strips about 2-3" wide and the width of the plate, drill through them as well. Kinda of like making a trailer sandwich :) I did it on my trailer so that I would never have to worry about the wood flooring ever giving way.
I simply spent a few extra $ and got a 2nd mounting plate for the underside of the trailer floor.

Psychoholic

So my pitbull trs setup came today. I figured they were sturdy but holy crap I wasn't expecting this level of sturdy gear. I'd still like to check out the install in person and get some last minute pro tips on install.

I love getting parts in the mail!

12v_dub

Psychoholic;278523 wrote: So my pitbull trs setup came today. I figured they were sturdy but holy crap I wasn't expecting this level of sturdy gear. I'd still like to check out the install in person and get some last minute pro tips on install.

I love getting parts in the mail!
bring it over tomorrow

Lenny ZX9R

Control Rider
Just set mine up! Total time for the install was 45 minutes from start to finish! And I drilled 2 of the mounting points into the trailer frame so I know the bike isn't going anywhere! LOL!

andykurz

Give some serious thought to where you want the bike to sit in the trailer, and remember, you generally want weight over the axles.

Lenny's mount above looks good, which allows you to load everything else and put the bike in last. I think that is the most convenient. However, make sure you aren't over weighted in the rear by too much.

I mounted mine much farther forward and I do regret it. The bikes have to go in first before you can put most other big things away.

Psychoholic

I have to say that I am THOROUGHLY impressed with the build quality and the component quality of this setup. I used the 3" long bolts for the setup and the only change I made to my trailer was I added a few bolts at the end of the boards that it attached to in order to keep the back a little bit more secure. Took minutes to install, a couple of test loadings and then drove it around the neighborhood without any issue. I'm excited to be able to use more of the trailer now that it's not a complicated spider web of straps!

Psychoholic

Here it is unloaded (I took the bike off when I added the additional bolts at the end as you can see) and with the clips off of it.

The clips being able to be added/removed with just a spring loaded pin is pure genius. I didn't want the trailer to be lost to just my track day addiction, so this was perfect.

mjkuhno

Looks good Psychoholic - and I completely agree that the quick release is genius.

Just one thing to add - and this isn't genius because it's me; used the TRS this weekend to load up for VIR. Opened the back of the trailer when I got there and the bike was fine as always. Bent down to unclip the D rings and thought "crap - I didn't latch the right side before I put the D ring through the assembly. While both pins were properly captured the right side latch assembly wasn't placed down over the pin, but the bike still held in place with just the left side completely secured!

Now, don't try this at home (or on the road) kids - but these things are SO good that they'll still do their job when you forget to do yours properly.

So now I'm even a BIGGER fan of Pitbull and the TRS! I wish I would have thought to snap a picture (not like I need to prove I'm a dumass or anything) but I'm sure everyone gets the point.

Thanks Pitbull for saving my ass!

12v_dub

Good job Psycho! when i first had them installed and did a little trial run down the street in my neighborhood, it was bit sketchy seeing the bike move so much on the TRS but now I don't even look back anymore, knowing those things ain't going no where.

nroussin

My trailer and setup is quite similar to Psychoholic's, and I must say that I have (unintentionally) put the TRS through the ringer this past month. I drug my trailer from State College Pa to Boston, over to New York, and back to State College, and just this past weekend from State College to Summit Point and back, averaging around 75mph on what I consider some of the roughest highways in the US (I-81, I-84, Mass Pike, and the Pa Turnpike). I am astounded at how well the TRS has has held up... In the words of R. Lee Ermey, it's "OUT F*CKING STANDING". :adore:

Now I'm gonna go knock on wood...

nikk777

Control Rider
It hurt my feelings shelling out the money for the first TRS I bought after mulling over it for a while. I bought the second one the same day I bought the second bike without hesitation! It's just that good. No, it's not cheap but man is it worth every penny!!!