Howdy

monkin

New guy with a few questions.

Got my licence thru marc this summer. Have raced 2 races at summit point. Best time was 1:18..Wors't time
was 1:35 lol.

Never been to a track day and obviously need some track time to improve my consistancy. :eek:

What group should I run in?

My schedule won't allow me to sign up any sooner than the day before a race..can I just show up and
pay the fee's?

Is the schedule on the site correct? The reason I ask is it looks like there are some tracks mentioned here
that aren't on the official schedule.

Why should I join NESBA instead of another track day organization? Not trying to be a dik here...just curious.

Since I'm new and ride a Yamaha..can I ride free the first year?

Any other info you can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks

Well...I would say try the I-group.

Sign up as soon as you can on the computer and print out the registration sheet.

Why NESBA? Why not!?

Have fun :)

BZ

monkin

Thanks for the help

When you say "sign up on the computer"..do you mean the membership?
I went to forms and it shows a form to become a member for $75.00. Do I
print out the form and send a check? Somewhere on here I thought I read the
membership was $25.00 or elite for $200.

Also, I assume when we deciede which track day to do we need to send the
other form (track day registration) and payment to NESBA with the $ amount shown
beside the venue.

Well..so much for the free track days..:D

Probably will only be able to do 1 or 2 track days this season. Headed to VIR in
a couple of weeks for the CCS race..so probably after that we can jump into NESBA,

Oh yea..one more thing..you mentioned the "I" group. Is "I" for intermediate?

Thanks again.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
At the top of this page is a tab "Create an Account". Click that and follow the directions to create an account. You can select whatever bike number you want. Then from there you can register for membership and events and pay online with a credit card. Don't bother sending in forms, do it with the computer. Much simpler, and as soon as you click, you're registered. You can purchase the basic membership for $25 or the elite for $200. Both are good for one year from the date of purchase.

The forms on the site are outdated. Membership used to be $75, the forms haven't been updated. I wouldn't use them. Sending in a check will delay you getting registered. You can register online up to the day before, but you will incur a late fee 7 days before the event.

Do it by computer after creating your account. It's much simpler. It works really well.

Yes, I is for Intermediate group. You can't sign up directly into Advanced unless you hold a current expert race license.

monkin

Thanks a bunch.

Intermediate sounds about right since I already have some races done.

Can always go up or down from there.. depending on what the CR thinks.

Looking forward to meeting some new people and getting some practice in.

Thanks again for you help.

bluers

You sound like you have a great attitude and willingness to listen and learn from the CR's. You will do just fine with NESBA. Welcome!

monkin

HondaGalToo;286851 wrote: What day(s) are you planning?
Wanted to do Sept 22nd at Summit..but theres a CCS race at VIR..Not very good yet but love the thrill of racing.
Will definately make the Oct 20th and 21st at VIR. Not sure about any others due to my schedule.

I come from an MX background and its kinda similar in that I don't care for trail riding much anymore. But thats
where I had to start..learning the basics..then minis, then C class, B class ..etc.
Now I just want to race MX or Hare Scrambles... I get the same feeling on the grid at a road race. I don't particularly
like finishing at the back of the pack..but it happened in MX and I expect it here to. :D What I need is some tracktime and instruction. Bet I'm not the only one though.

One thing I have learned.. is to have fun first..even on a bad day. Thats why we do this.

Wish I could race every day..but it just ain't in the cards..either no time.. or no money.. or both. LOL
So gotta try to enjoy every minute on the track.

Boy...I sure digressed.

Thanks again.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
You're hooked! LOL. It is a fun sport, and you've got the right attitude about trackdays...trackdays are not racing (so the thrill of competition won't be there), but they are exhilarating in their own way. Trackdays are about fun and learning. Lots of CRs around to give you good riding advice. Have you taken a school? There's good ones around....Ed Bargy, Cornerspeed. I haven't taken those (yet), but my favorite school is the Yamaha Champions Rider School. Unfortunately, I don't think they'll be back out east.

monkin

Would love to go to a school..the time and money thing seems to get in the way.

It will fit in the plans eventually..just don't see it happening this year.

monkin

Thanks for the welcome. Look forward to meeting everyone.

#154..I'm still new at the class thing. Everyone has been great at suggesting classes to run.
As I recall at the first summit race .. one of the classes was GTU.. I think that was the 25 minute race..
did the best in that one as my lap times improved as the race went on. Also supersport middleweight
and rookies cup. Did ok in those for first time on the track

My second summit race was a different story..LOL. Had put new rubber on before the race. As I was
leaving the cold pit for first practice (@ 20 MPH) I gassed it too much and OOPS..down I went. It ruined my confidence
for the rest of the day. Hadn't even reached the track yet. But I definetly learned about how slick new tires are.
I don't have tire warmers yet..but I don't blame it on that..I was just too eager to get up to speed. I raced
middleweight ss and rookies cup again there. Really wanted to do the GTU but apparently its only
on saturdays.

Oh well..learned some more stuff and still had fun. The worst part was the waiting for the next race. :asleep:

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Welcome to NESBA! Were those times running Main course? I'll be honest...breaking the :20 mark is moving pretty damn good. Kinda odd to see someone running a 1:18 one time then running a 1:35...that's about the difference between A and B group.

monkin

Otto Man;287325 wrote: Welcome to NESBA! Were those times running Main course? I'll be honest...breaking the :20 mark is moving pretty damn good. Kinda odd to see someone running a 1:18 one time then running a 1:35...that's about the difference between A and B group.
Thats what I was told on the 1:18 time. I do a lot better following someone..thats what I believe happened there.
The poor times were mostly from lack of confidence after the spill...I'm guessing.

So..the truth is probably somewhere in between. Not really as good as the fast time or as bad as the slow one. :D

edit...yes, the main course. I also had 37# in front tire and 32# in rear on a couple races..was told that wasn't good..LOL
Had them set lower before starting the race but thats what they heated up to after the race. Glad someone
was nice enough to school me on some basics.

rmadursk

monkin;287529 wrote: Thats what I was told on the 1:18 time. I do a lot better following someone..thats what I believe happened there.
That's going to make it hard to place 1st.:rolleyes:

Welcome,

Ron