Huge Event!!! Road Atlanta Airfence Fundraiser in July

Ruhe52

Brothers and sisters, we are all part of a collective family. A family that
Is bound together by our love and passion for riding motorcycles in a track environment.
With that choice we have all accepted there are risks that we cannot control.
We have all been in some way affected by the risks and outcomes of unfortunate situations.
Fairly early in my track riding life I had to confront the very risks we all some how manage every time we go out.
Years ago a good friend and possibly one of the best volunteers this
organization has ever seen Brian Johnson was severely injured along with
another good friend of ours Jeff Pitzer.
Brian and Jeff are still with us.
This past year we had to deal with a far worse outcome. 2011 saw many of us
in the paddock with our heads in our hands choking back tears and in
all situations not being capable of doing even that.
Just in the last few months of the season we lost 3 outstanding people.
Mike, Bryan and Stan can never be replaced in our hearts. The pain felt was
not only shouldered by those close to these great men, but by our entire
community.
Following the outstanding example set by our MidWestern brothers and sisters,
a number of members and directors want to go beyond efforts already in place
and make our sport as safe as we can. That means more soft barriers at the
tracks we ride. This cannot be done without your help. You are already
helping by thinking of your fellow riders when going out on the track by
being as safe and predictable as possible. I am asking for even more.
We are establishing a fund in honor of our friends that are no longer with
us and ask for your donation no matter how small. These funds will be used
to purchase soft barriers via Road Racing Air Fence Fund
In the names of Mike, Bryan and Stan.
Done this way the barriers will be
deployed at our direction to the tracks where they are needed most.
Much like the barriers deployed at Blackhawk these are NESBA barriers but
benefit all motorcycle riders at the track they are at.
http://actionfund.roadracingworld.com/

There are plans afoot to raise additional funds at events this year. Many of
you may have attended the Brian Johnson fundraiser at Road Atlanta a few
years ago. I know I had fun. I remember thinking we need to have a safe word at the next event!!!!!!!
Hey guys Pitzer has a bigger rig now so no rocking it
Here is just a bit of what we have in store for you.
Food Food Food. Don’t worry about dinner Friday or Saturday we have you covered. A small donation is requested for food but I promise you BBQ and grilled meats. What the hell else could you ask for? Damn Darren Grilled SPAM!!!!!!

Please RSVP via the following email kenny@irishracing.org and let us know if you are in for Friday , Saturday or both!!!!!

This is a BYOB event, but there is bound to be somebody with a beverage to your liking.

On Sat there will be (for donation) more Food that evening. Event T Shirts for a small donation
Entertainment by the Comedic styling’s of the Irish Racing Crew with Special Guest Star Matt Heidel.

Plans for a Raffle and Auction are in the works. There will be a set of bodywork with paint job by Andrew Swenson Design raffled off. If you have not seen Andrews work stop by my pit. The kid can rock a spray gun!!!!

This is a no miss event. 7/6 Is Meat’s Birthday spank him at your own risk.

So what can you do now? Now you can simply donate via the following link www.nesba-airfence-fundraiser.com

Even if that is not an option you can honor the memory of our friends
By coming to the event ready to have fun and donate some money for a damn good cause. Dropping a few bucks to make hard impacts soft. I am for that who wouldn’t be.
Please check back for more details and please give what you can.

Not only are we responsible for ourselves but those we ride with. This is an investment in all of our futures.
Again these funds allow us to determine where the fencing is deployed and will be
used to make the tracks we ride as safe as possible. Ultimately you the
rider still need to do your part when out there as we have all seen
things happen beyond anyone's control.
The life you save or the injury you avoid may be your own!!!!!

I look forward to seeing you all at an event in the very near future.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
~Hunter S. Thompson

noobinacan

Ruhe...thanks for the well thought out post.
I wasn't sure about 6/23-24 but after reading your post, will most definitely plan on being there...
and its pretty awesome that you, Irish racing crew and others are organizing this.

JRA

I'll stick this at the top eventually to keep it prominent.

Mike, I added to the thread title, Hope you don't mind.:D

Ruhe52

Noob see you before RA July. I hope
Also John the title change is perfect. I do not want to use the word Meat and Huge in the same post as it puts D Zum in a frenzy.
See You all there. This was a small hope and idea amongst some friends and has turned into this in a few weeks by the time July rolls around you guys will consider the riding on the track to be part of going not the point of going. 2012 is going to be one hell of a year see you out there.

JRA

Back to the top for an important event!!!

More here:

www.nesba-airfence-fundraiser.com

The money raised at this event will be directed toward the purchase of soft barriers to be used at Road Atlanta. This is our version of the mid-west chilli cook off if you will.

In addition to some really great stuff that's already been lined up we are actively seeking additional sponsors.

I can guarantee that by the time July rolls around this will be one of those events that you DO NOT WANT TO MISS. Reschedule the wedding, call off the birthday party,tell your friend he'll have to find another best man, accept that the wife will divorce you if you bail on the family vacation (it'll be worth it). Whatever you have to do to be there, DO IT!

Ruhe52

Don't call off the wedding I am an ordained internet minister I can handle the nuptials. I can even provide you and yours a unique set of vows.
Have the birthday party at RA. Hey if the kid is due that week come on down we have an OB GYN in the paddock that weekend. As you can see you really cannot come up with a good reason not to come so just sign up now and start stashing cash for raffle and donations.
I got a few pics of umbrella girls today ummmmm never mind and I already know what Meat looks like when ready to be spanked so we have you covered no matter gender. Show up or be shunned :D

Irish01

Bringing Up Top Again People! This is gonna be a good one in remembrance of our brothas and sisters!!

Domenic

Sounds like an awesome event. Oh yeah it is ok to miss the dentist appointment. We can do that trackside. :wow: