I'd like to find a pit buddy/mentor for April 7th at Road Atlanta

z064life

JRA;265517 wrote: That'll be up to Bob and DJ. Based on last year I'm guessing the auctions will get sweeter as the bids go higher. My advice is to bring your checkbook and and be prepared to negotiate the divorce proceedings later.:D

We are also going to have some great raffle items (last year custom painted sharskinz bodywork, this year expect that and more). Tickets will be on sale for that stuff at least a month prior at all SE trackdays.

The goal is $20,001 or greater.
I'm sure we'll get there

Meat

I bought an elite membership at a screaming deal, as well as a few other things. That was advantage of not everyone being prepared to bid on such great stuff.

I may never cash in for the elite membership since I keep doing more than 12 track days each year.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Agree with the great advice you've received thus far, and I'll also add to leave the laptimer at home. For your first day, even first several days, speed and laptimes shouldn't be a point of focus. Focus instead on being smooth. Work on getting the lines correct (there is a correct line, and following and talking to the CRs, you'll learn it). When you can hit the same, correct line and apex over and over you'll be predictable to fellow riders, which is important. Grab a CR and have them show you the correct body position and work on that. Those few things will be plenty to work on your first day, trust me!

Have fun!!! I haven't been down south in awhile, but RA and VIR are both awesome tracks!

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Str8_Lurkin;266615 wrote: Why not road Atl in April? I was thinking about it for the Sunday.
Probably hard to get the word spread out to everyone (Much more than just the NESBA board) in under a month. And, while logistically, it would be a 100x nicer without the July heat, it just wouldn't be a summer event if you were sweating to death coming into the pits after each session. :) But of course this is all just my wild ass guess.

Str8_Lurkin

Otto Man;266619 wrote: Probably hard to get the word spread out to everyone (Much more than just the NESBA board) in under a month. And, while logistically, it would be a 100x nicer without the July heat, it just wouldn't be a summer event if you were sweating to death coming into the pits after each session. :) But of course this is all just my wild ass guess.

All the more reasons to go. Lol less crowed. Milder temps hopefully. Being that's its a steep price ill be sure to ride every session. Besides I have a little 600 lol. Watching vids Atl looks to be a 1k's dream!

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Str8_Lurkin;266621 wrote: All the more reasons to go. Lol less crowed. Milder temps hopefully. Being that's its a steep price ill be sure to ride every session. Besides I have a little 600 lol. Watching vids Atl looks to be a 1k's dream!
Of course a lot of it depends on your gearing, but my old 636 was +2 on the rear sprocket, and with a solid drive coming out of T7, I could get the cool little "ping a ding ding" pegging of the rev limiter cresting over the hill into 10A/B. But no, really, two or three times was all I could get. I'm not fast enough coming out of Turn 7 to bounce it off the limiter longer than that. LOL

lbsaxman

Control Rider
Ill be there in Apr probably pitting near the track on the fence , come by and introduce yourself .My leathers have a LB on the back . I would be happy to answer any questions if i can !! First track days are scary and fun as hell . My first track day ever was July at Rd Atlanta , no canopy, 1 gatorade , completely unprepared and it was 104 degrees . Lesson 1 stay hydrated bring lots of water , gatorade , or my favorite pedialite and some shelter !!

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
So I get to be the super douche and have to withdraw my RA attendance. With my new work schedule, I can't afford to be rolling in so late on Sunday night. Got early days during the weekday. And it's just not sensible for me to drive almost 6 hours one way just to do one day at RA. If I stayed for Sunday, I'd have to leave around 1PM or so to get back at a decent time...missing half the damn day. Just doesn't make sense financially for me.

HOWEVER...Barber is just over 4 hours for me. Much, much easier for me to handle. Guess I'll have to make up for the lack of RA with two days of Barber the following weekend.

Otto Man;266846 wrote: So I get to be the super douche and have to withdraw my RA attendance. With my new work schedule, I can't afford to be rolling in so late on Sunday night. Got early days during the weekday. And it's just not sensible for me to drive almost 6 hours one way just to do one day at RA. If I stayed for Sunday, I'd have to leave around 1PM or so to get back at a decent time...missing half the damn day. Just doesn't make sense financially for me.

HOWEVER...Barber is just over 4 hours for me. Much, much easier for me to handle. Guess I'll have to make up for the lack of RA with two days of Barber the following weekend.
I'll look for you at Barber. It's just over 3 hours from me. I didn't register for RA in April, although when it did pop up on the schedule I tried like hell to swing back to back weekends. No such luck. That damn work thing is getting in the way as usual. I do, however have both triples on the schedule.

z064life

griffonrider;266850 wrote: I'll look for you at Barber. It's just over 3 hours from me. I didn't register for RA in April, although when it did pop up on the schedule I tried like hell to swing back to back weekends. No such luck. That damn work thing is getting in the way as usual. I do, however have both triples on the schedule.
Me too. See you at RA in may and July

Psychoholic

That sucks Otto, I was looking forward to it. I'm trying to convince my wife to let me do the triple in July (it's my birthday on the 5th and RA is about an hour from home),so maybe we can meet up then.

matt2212

[QUOTE=
I'm trying to convince my wife to let me do the triple in July (it's my birthday on the 5th and RA is about an hour from home),so maybe we can meet up then.
You should defiantly do at least 2 days of the triple IMHO multiple days in a row are very helpful for your ridding progression. Day two once you get your muscles to stretch out you are up to speed, and learning by the end of the first session

And your Wife will only be mad for a few days.... She should get used to it, this addiction is bad....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Psychoholic

My wife is an amazing woman - our agreement has always been "it's your money, I don't care what you do with it". But right now she is looking for a job, so until then my frivolous spending is in check.

I just need one more person to register for this event who has never done a nesba event before I can have a freebie for my birthday!

matt2212

Psychoholic;266895 wrote: My wife is an amazing woman - our agreement has always been "it's your money, I don't care what you do with it". But right now she is looking for a job, so until then my frivolous spending is in check.

I just need one more person to register for this event who has never done a nesba event before I can have a freebie for my birthday!

I understand, I was just kidding a bit...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TeamBeer

As several people have said, you really don't want to be worrying about lap times on your first day. Do what you planned. Get them from your videos when you edit them. That way you can just go out and have fun. You will have more than enough to think about without having to worry about a lap timer. Plus, your videos will let you see your lines, which are much more important than your lap times.

I am also about an hour from Road Atlanta. It is a fast track with some awesome sections and some intimidating sections. I will be there both days, probably in the back near the hill. I have been to Road Atlanta quite a few times, but these guys are much more experienced. If I can do anything to help or make your first track day easier let me know. Just remember that you are there to have fun.

Psychoholic

I got to break my cherry a bit at Barber 2 weeks ago for an STT event, so I totally see what you mean now by 'just focus on riding'. Watching my videos later I realized just how poorly I was choosing gears - my lines were pretty nice but I was always in the wrong range and couldn't build any speed. Smooth was my friend though.

TeamBeer

I was there too. Nice weekend! Road Atlanta is a very different track. Just as much fun, but different and faster.

TeamBeer

Be prepared to get strafed on the back straight! The liter bikes are rocketships so you just want to pick a line and stick with it.